    that's just fixing the symptom, not the problem.

    Any idea why this is doing this and more importantly how do I correct
    it? Thanks in advance.

    DanZ, Jul 10, 2006

  2. DanZ

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 10 Jul 2006 02:04:56 -0700, in message <>,
    DanZ wrote:

    > I have a strange problem with Thunderbird spell checker. It is finding
    > mispelled words that are not even in the email I have composed! There
    > are things such as mso normal, mso hyperlink, etc. Generally there are
    > about 15 words that it finds and I just keep clicking ignore until it's
    > done. I thought about just adding them to the dictionary, but thought
    > that's just fixing the symptom, not the problem.
    >
    > Any idea why this is doing this and more importantly how do I correct
    > it? Thanks in advance.

    Things such as mso normal are what you may find in the message
    source of an HTML message written using Outlook or OE [but they
    should not be visible in the displayed message].

    So can I assume that you are replying to a message written in
    Outlook or OE? It appears that Thunderbird is spell checking
    "invisible" parts from the quoted message.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

    Ralph Fox, Jul 10, 2006

  3. DanZ

    Ralph Fox, Jul 10, 2006
  4. DanZ

    DanZ Guest

    Well, I think you may be on to something. While I don't reply to OE or
    Outlook, I do compose in HTML so maybe it is finding hidden text/code
    in the document? If so, is there a way to have the speller ignore
    hidden text? Thanks.....

    DanZ, Jul 11, 2006
  5. DanZ

    DanZ, Jul 11, 2006
  6. DanZ

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 10 Jul 2006 23:16:57 -0700, in message <>,
    DanZ wrote:

    > Well, I think you may be on to something. While I don't reply to OE or
    > Outlook, I do compose in HTML so maybe it is finding hidden text/code
    > in the document?

    The mso normal etc are generated specifically by Microsoft products
    and not by Thunderbird -- mso stands for Microsoft Office or Microsoft
    Outlook. Your message will somehow contain some HTML created by
    Microsoft software.

    Are you using an HTML signature file created by Microsoft software?

    Tools -> Account Settings -> ((*select account*))

    [x] Attach this signature:

    > If so, is there a way to have the speller ignore
    > hidden text? Thanks.....

    I can't answer this one.

    --
    Cheers,