    I can't figure out why some of them are going into the Trash Deleted Folder.

    Is there a way to keep an email message in the inbox?

    Thanks

    Teather Mitty, Jan 26, 2007

  2. Teather Mitty

    Guest

    On Jan 26, 11:46 am, Teather Mitty <> wrote:
    > I am running Thunderbird 1.5.0.9.
    >
    > Is there a way to keep an email message in the inbox?
    >
    > For example I created a filter that sends all messages with a subject of
    > [Bulk] to a Trash Deleted folder where I can skim them. I then created a
    > filter which is run first to check for a "From" " is" "email address" and if
    > so move it to the inbox ie leave it there. I think it does leave it there but
    > Thundeerbird doesn't stop and contiunes to run through all the filters and
    > when it finds the Bulk filter it moves it to the Trash Deleted folder.
    >
    > So I could create another inbox mail folder and then move them back but that\s
    > extra work.
    >
    > I have tried both in the indiviual email address and also in local folders.
    > One of the ids with a challenge has no filters at all for the email id.
    >
    > I can't figure out why some of them are going into the Trash Deleted Folder.
    >
    > Is there a way to keep an email message in the inbox?
    >
    > Thanks

    Filters are run by the first one on the list, then the next one in the
    list, and so on. So, if you have the inbox filter on top, and you tell
    it to leave certain messages in the inbox. Now, the next filter in the
    list is run on the inbox. So, now it moves those from the first filter
    to the trash. So, you've destroyed and are defeating the purpose of
    the first filter.

    Why not, for the first filter, the sve to inbox, instead, create a
    special folder, maybe called inbox2, and have that filter move those
    messages to that folder.

    , Jan 26, 2007