    Folders. The filters do not work automatically. I have to click on the
    Apoply Filters selection before the notes are distributed. What should I
    check to fix this?

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Moz Champion Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > I have filters set up to distribute mail into various folders under Local
    > Folders. The filters do not work automatically. I have to click on the
    > Apoply Filters selection before the notes are distributed. What should I
    > check to fix this?

    filters only work automatically in inboxes when mail is received.
    Are the filters enabled in the list?

    Moz Champion, Apr 5, 2005

  3. On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 05:26:35 +0000, Moz Champion wrote:

    > Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >> I have filters set up to distribute mail into various folders under Local
    >> Folders. The filters do not work automatically. I have to click on the
    >> Apoply Filters selection before the notes are distributed. What should I
    >> check to fix this?

    > filters only work automatically in inboxes when mail is received.
    > Are the filters enabled in the list?

    Hmmmm. How do I find that out?

    djtuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 6, 2005
  4. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Moz Champion Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 05:26:35 +0000, Moz Champion wrote:
    >

    >>Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have filters set up to distribute mail into various folders under Local
    >>>Folders. The filters do not work automatically. I have to click on the
    >>>Apoply Filters selection before the notes are distributed. What should I
    >>>check to fix this?

    >>filters only work automatically in inboxes when mail is received.
    >>Are the filters enabled in the list?

    > Hmmmm. How do I find that out?
    >
    > djtuchler

    Bring up the inbox in question
    Tools-->Message Filters

    the filters entered for the particuler inbox will show, and have an
    enabled checkmark

    Moz Champion, Apr 6, 2005
  5. On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:54:29 +0000, Moz Champion wrote:

    > Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

    >>>filters only work automatically in inboxes when mail is received.
    >>>Are the filters enabled in the list?

    >> Hmmmm. How do I find that out?
    >>
    >> djtuchler

    > Bring up the inbox in question
    > Tools-->Message Filters
    >
    > the filters entered for the particuler inbox will show, and have an
    > enabled checkmark

    All have that checkmark. The arrangement may be odd. I have two sources
    for e-mail Source1 and Source2. The only set of folders I have is Local
    Folders. The Tools/Filters menu has three designations for filters:
    Filterws For: {list window}. The list is Source1, Source2 and Local
    Folders. The only filter list is in the window opened when the entry in
    the list window is Local Folders. Over the window which holds the list of
    filters is a statement "Enabled filters are run automatically in the order
    shown below". Does that suggest anything?

    Thanks again for your help

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 7, 2005
  6. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Moz Champion Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:54:29 +0000, Moz Champion wrote:

    >>>Hmmmm. How do I find that out?
    >>>
    >>>djtuchler

    >>Bring up the inbox in question
    >>Tools-->Message Filters
    >>
    >>the filters entered for the particuler inbox will show, and have an
    >>enabled checkmark

    > All have that checkmark. The arrangement may be odd. I have two sources
    > for e-mail Source1 and Source2. The only set of folders I have is Local
    > Folders. The Tools/Filters menu has three designations for filters:
    > Filterws For: {list window}. The list is Source1, Source2 and Local
    > Folders. The only filter list is in the window opened when the entry in
    > the list window is Local Folders. Over the window which holds the list of
    > filters is a statement "Enabled filters are run automatically in the order
    > shown below". Does that suggest anything?
    >
    > Thanks again for your help
    >
    > dj tuchler

    ?? you have 3 email accounts you combine into one, but only 2 sources?

    Try putting the filters in all 3 locations, it may be redundant, but if
    it works what the hey. All this just to remove a little clutter from
    the desktop... check that, a little clutter from one pane on the
    desktop. Ah well, differin strokes for differin folks

    Moz Champion, Apr 7, 2005
  7. On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:23:48 +0000, Moz Champion wrote:

    > Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

    >>>Bring up the inbox in question
    >>>Tools-->Message Filters
    >>>
    >>>the filters entered for the particuler inbox will show, and have an
    >>>enabled checkmark

    >> All have that checkmark. The arrangement may be odd. I have two sources
    >> for e-mail Source1 and Source2. The only set of folders I have is Local
    >> Folders. The Tools/Filters menu has three designations for filters:
    >> Filterws For: {list window}. The list is Source1, Source2 and Local
    >> Folders. The only filter list is in the window opened when the entry in
    >> the list window is Local Folders. Over the window which holds the list of
    >> filters is a statement "Enabled filters are run automatically in the order
    >> shown below". Does that suggest anything?
    >>
    >> Thanks again for your help
    >>
    >> dj tuchler

    > ?? you have 3 email accounts you combine into one, but only 2 sources?

    I get mail from two sources, but I want to funnel it to a single set of
    folders. I suspect that's the problem -- one that should not arise in a
    well-designed e-mail application.

    > Try putting the filters in all 3 locations, it may be redundant, but if
    > it works what the hey. All this just to remove a little clutter from
    > the desktop... check that, a little clutter from one pane on the
    > desktop. Ah well, differin strokes for differin folks

    I am afraid you are right, which means I'm going back to Kmail. It works
    quite well with two sources of e-mail and a single set of folders to hold
    the messages.

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 8, 2005
  8. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Steve Block Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:23:48 +0000, Moz Champion wrote:

    >>>All have that checkmark. The arrangement may be odd. I have two sources
    >>>for e-mail Source1 and Source2. The only set of folders I have is Local
    >>>Folders. The Tools/Filters menu has three designations for filters:
    >>>Filterws For: {list window}. The list is Source1, Source2 and Local
    >>>Folders. The only filter list is in the window opened when the entry in
    >>>the list window is Local Folders. Over the window which holds the list of
    >>>filters is a statement "Enabled filters are run automatically in the order
    >>>shown below". Does that suggest anything?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks again for your help
    >>>
    >>>dj tuchler

    >>?? you have 3 email accounts you combine into one, but only 2 sources?

    > I get mail from two sources, but I want to funnel it to a single set of
    > folders. I suspect that's the problem -- one that should not arise in a
    > well-designed e-mail application.

    Just set the filters up for whichever account receives the mail. I work
    the exact same thing on my setup. You don't set them up under local
    folders, but rather under the account to which the email is addressed.
    I don't get what the local folders is for on the filters drop down menu,
    to be honest.

    Steve Block, Apr 10, 2005
  9. On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:57:59 +0100, Steve Block wrote:

    >>>?? you have 3 email accounts you combine into one, but only 2 sources?

    >> I get mail from two sources, but I want to funnel it to a single set of
    >> folders. I suspect that's the problem -- one that should not arise in a
    >> well-designed e-mail application.

    > Just set the filters up for whichever account receives the mail. I work
    > the exact same thing on my setup. You don't set them up under local
    > folders, but rather under the account to which the email is addressed.
    > I don't get what the local folders is for on the filters drop down menu,
    > to be honest.

    I set up the "local folders" in order to funnel e-mail from both accounts
    into a single set of folders. Now, all the mail comes to "Inbox" under
    "Local Folders". When I tag a message with a filter, that filter is
    recorded under "Local Folders" in the Filters section. I suppose I should
    have an Inbox for each of the two sources of e-mail and then distribute
    the mail to the various common folders.

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 10, 2005
  10. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Steve Block Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

    > I set up the "local folders" in order to funnel e-mail from both accounts
    > into a single set of folders. Now, all the mail comes to "Inbox" under
    > "Local Folders". When I tag a message with a filter, that filter is
    > recorded under "Local Folders" in the Filters section.

    That's odd. When I create a filter from a message using the option on
    the message tab, it creates it under the account, not under local
    folders. I don't know why your system is doing it diffrent.

    Steve Block, Apr 11, 2005