    it gets downloaded onto my PC? I tried the "delete message from POP
    server" checkbox; but, it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to. I
    don't want the message header or body loaded in that case.

    Keith, Oct 16, 2005

  2. Keith

    ion Guest

    Keith,
    How do you know about the message? Do you want them all deleted?
    Have you visited it in webmail? What's the life of the email message
    from your point of view?
    Ion

    ion, Oct 16, 2005

  3. Keith

    gwtc Guest

    Keith wrote:

    > All:
    > Is there any way I can delete a message on my POP server before
    > it gets downloaded onto my PC? I tried the "delete message from POP
    > server" checkbox; but, it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to. I
    > don't want the message header or body loaded in that case.

    What you need is PopTray: http://www.poptray.org/. Use this before
    using your mail program.

    gwtc, Oct 16, 2005
  4. gwtc wrote:
    > Keith wrote:
    >
    >> All:
    >> Is there any way I can delete a message on my POP server before
    >> it gets downloaded onto my PC? I tried the "delete message from POP
    >> server" checkbox; but, it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to. I
    >> don't want the message header or body loaded in that case.
    >>

    > What you need is PopTray: http://www.poptray.org/. Use this before
    > using your mail program.

    I was just about to post that very suggestion. Its a great little
    program. You can set up a blacklist with it, and set custom filters to
    get rid of unwanted mail before you even see it.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005
  5. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:34:37 -0700, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Keith wrote:
    >
    >> All:
    >> Is there any way I can delete a message on my POP server before
    >> it gets downloaded onto my PC? I tried the "delete message from POP
    >> server" checkbox; but, it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to. I
    >> don't want the message header or body loaded in that case.
    >>

    >What you need is PopTray: http://www.poptray.org/. Use this before
    >using your mail program.

    Does this work in Linux as well as Windows?

    Keith, Oct 17, 2005
  6. Keith wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:34:37 -0700, gwtc
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Keith wrote:
    >>
    >>> All:
    >>> Is there any way I can delete a message on my POP server before
    >>> it gets downloaded onto my PC? I tried the "delete message from POP
    >>> server" checkbox; but, it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to. I
    >>> don't want the message header or body loaded in that case.
    >>>

    >> What you need is PopTray: http://www.poptray.org/. Use this before
    >> using your mail program.

    > Does this work in Linux as well as Windows?

    Man, I wish it did! I would be spending a lot more time on Linux.

    No, its Windows only. If you find a Linux equivalent, please let us know.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005
  7. gwtc wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Keith wrote:

    >>> Does this work in Linux as well as Windows?
    >>>

    >> Man, I wish it did! I would be spending a lot more time on Linux.
    >>
    >> No, its Windows only. If you find a Linux equivalent, please let us know.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Don't jump to conclusions Lee. You need a product called Wine, a
    > Windows emulation software, allows many Windows programs to run on a
    > Unix system.
    >
    > http://forum.poptray.org/viewtopic.php?t=2638&highlight=linux
    >
    > To learn more about Wine goto http://www.winehq.com/

    I understand that. Many Linux users prefer not to rely on Wine, and
    find native Linux apps.

    It is worth noting though, thanks.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005