Thunderbird file sharing & migrating/remoting

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by data-mine@else-wh.ere, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. Guest

    I tried to migrate News as well as Mail. Windows/Linux sharing works
    with lines like

    user_pref("mail.server.server1.newsrc.file", "/0/a3/DOCUMENTS AND
    SETTINGS/OWNER/APPLICATION DATA/Thunderbird/Profiles/default
    /xyz.slt/News/news.globetrotter.net.rc");

    in /home/user/.thunderbird/.../user.js

    Copying the News &/or Mail folders on drive C: to the new intended
    path on drive D: and inserting something like

    user_pref("mail.server.server1.directory",
    "D:\\thunderbird\\Profiles\\default\\xyz.slt\\News\\news.xyz.net");

    into the user.js file results in the line being incorporated into
    prefs.js but as soon as the source folders under C:\ are removed
    the news and mail are lost. If I then return the 2 folders where
    they were, News/Mail work again but prefs.js remains as edited which
    seems to suggest that it isn't doing anything in this respect (???).

    Anyone been successful with this?
    , Apr 30, 2004