    I'm using a WinXP box with an Athlon 64 / 3400+ with a gig of RAM, and
    accessing an IMAP account.

    Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

    Mark Saperstein, May 30, 2004

  2. Mark Saperstein

    Moz Champion Guest

    Mark Saperstein wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > and please forgive me if this isn't the right group, or if this question
    > was answered elsewhere, but I'm having problems receiving file
    > attachments with Thunderbird.
    >
    > Some attachments get through fine, others are unreadable (I should say,
    > all the attachments from some people are either okay, or damaged).
    >
    > Some of the senders are on PCs, others on Macs.
    >
    > Also, these attachments are fine when downloaded using any version of
    > Outlook.
    >
    > I've done a little research online, and I see other people have had
    > similar issues, but I cannot find out how - or if - they were able to
    > resolve them.
    >
    > I'm using a WinXP box with an Athlon 64 / 3400+ with a gig of RAM, and
    > accessing an IMAP account.
    >
    > Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

    What kind of attachments are they?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Mark Saperstein wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > and please forgive me if this isn't the right group, or if this question
    > was answered elsewhere, but I'm having problems receiving file
    > attachments with Thunderbird.
    >
    > Some attachments get through fine, others are unreadable (I should say,
    > all the attachments from some people are either okay, or damaged).
    >
    > Some of the senders are on PCs, others on Macs.
    >
    > Also, these attachments are fine when downloaded using any version of
    > Outlook.
    >
    > I've done a little research online, and I see other people have had
    > similar issues, but I cannot find out how - or if - they were able to
    > resolve them.
    >
    > I'm using a WinXP box with an Athlon 64 / 3400+ with a gig of RAM, and
    > accessing an IMAP account.
    >
    > Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

    Must be Yenc-coded. I don't think Tbird decodes Yenc.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?so=F1ando?=, Jun 3, 2004
  4. On 2004-06-01 07:53:33 -0400, Moz Champion <> said:

    > Mark Saperstein wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> and please forgive me if this isn't the right group, or if this
    >> question was answered elsewhere, but I'm having problems receiving file
    >> attachments with Thunderbird.
    >>
    >> Some attachments get through fine, others are unreadable (I should say,
    >> all the attachments from some people are either okay, or damaged).
    >>
    >> Some of the senders are on PCs, others on Macs.
    >>
    >> Also, these attachments are fine when downloaded using any version of Outlook.
    >>
    >> I've done a little research online, and I see other people have had
    >> similar issues, but I cannot find out how - or if - they were able to
    >> resolve them.
    >>
    >> I'm using a WinXP box with an Athlon 64 / 3400+ with a gig of RAM, and
    >> accessing an IMAP account.
    >>
    >> Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.
    >>

    > What kind of attachments are they?

    Word and Excel files mostly (.doc, .xls). I *think* I figured out a
    solution, though, and I'm not exactly thrilled with it, but I'll
    explain what it is and maybe you guys will have more ideas for me. I
    set my IMAP inbox to let me access the mail when I was offline (I guess
    it's completely downloading copies of messages without removing them
    from the server). This fixed the problem, but I kinda think Thunderbird
    shouldn't have to download the entire message in advance to get the
    attachments. No other application I've used does it that way.

    Well, I have it working now, so I guess I shouldn't complain!

    Mark Saperstein, Jun 4, 2004