thunderbird email time display

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Jim Thompson, Aug 6, 2005.

  1. Jim Thompson

    Jim Thompson Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:18:22 -0700, Marlene Blanshay
    <> wrote:

    >I just installed it, and the time on the email is off by about 3 hours-
    >a bit confusing. It says the mail was sent at 3 am or whatever.
    >
    >I can't find out how to fix that- i know it makes me sound like a moron
    >but I haven't been able to find it in the menu and the help site isn't
    >much help. It must be something totally obvious and simple.
    >
    >Anyone who can help? It's for Windows 2000 users, just so you know.
    >Other than this everything's fine, but I wish help pages were a bit
    >better sometimes. IT's when you need something simple that it's the
    >biggest annoyance.

    Do you have your time zone set properly in the Win2K time setup?

    I don't use Thunderbird for mail. Does it have it's own time zone
    setup, separate from Windows?

    ...Jim Thompson
    --
    | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
    | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

    Marlene Blanshay, Aug 6, 2005

  3. Jim Thompson wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:18:22 -0700, Marlene Blanshay
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>I just installed it, and the time on the email is off by about 3 hours-
    >>a bit confusing. It says the mail was sent at 3 am or whatever.
    >>
    >>I can't find out how to fix that- i know it makes me sound like a moron
    >>but I haven't been able to find it in the menu and the help site isn't
    >>much help. It must be something totally obvious and simple.
    >>
    >>Anyone who can help? It's for Windows 2000 users, just so you know.
    >>Other than this everything's fine, but I wish help pages were a bit
    >>better sometimes. IT's when you need something simple that it's the
    >>biggest annoyance.
    >>

    >Do you have your time zone set properly in the Win2K time setup?
    >
    >I don't use Thunderbird for mail. Does it have it's own time zone
    >setup, separate from Windows?
    >
    > ...Jim Thompson

    I dont reply to crossposted messages, pick one group and post

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 10, 2006
  4. Jim Thompson

    Sniper .308 Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:49:41 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    <> wrote:

    >I dont reply to crossposted messages, pick one group and post

    Ummmmm, you just did! So, you could have at least posted something
    semi-intelligent or useful.

    Sniper .308, Jan 10, 2006
  5. Sniper .308 wrote:

    >On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:49:41 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>I dont reply to crossposted messages, pick one group and post
    >>

    >Ummmmm, you just did! So, you could have at least posted something
    >semi-intelligent or useful.

    I noticed this one was crossposted only 10 minutes into my response, if
    the user wants useful information, then I suggest they dont crosspost

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 11, 2006
  6. Jim Thompson

    Lukan Guest

    > I noticed this one was crossposted only 10 minutes into my response, if
    > the user wants useful information, then I suggest they dont crosspost

    Be helpful or don't be helpful, pick one.

    Don't be an arrogant fuckwit.

    Lukan, Jan 14, 2006
  7. Lukan wrote:

    >> I noticed this one was crossposted only 10 minutes into my response,
    >> if the user wants useful information, then I suggest they dont crosspost

    > Be helpful or don't be helpful, pick one.
    >
    > Don't be an arrogant fuckwit.

    I was being helpful, informing the person not to crosspost

    I notice no one else has volunteered any information, just criticism of
    my post, so who are the arrogant ones? You say I should give an answer,
    not critique the OPs choice of posting method, yet what exactly did you
    do? You didnt give an answer, you simply critiqued my choice of posting
    method! Amazing, you do EXACTLY what you tell me NOT to do!

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 14, 2006