    does not know it is not a virus and it feels it is a virus and then
    quarantine them. Most of the virus are called the same name Phishbank.blt
    ot . bls Thanks to all

    Tom, Apr 10, 2009

  2. Tom wrote:

    > I use the E-mail from Mozzilla [sic] thunderbird I have noticed when I
    > scan there are many virus under only in thunderbird. They all get
    > quarantined, but when I check out those viruses it says unknown and
    > some of them go back to 2005 2001 and etc. Is this just something
    > that the anti virus program does not know it is not a virus and it
    > feels it is a virus and then quarantine them. Most of the virus are
    > called the same name Phishbank.blt ot . bls Thanks to all

    Google reports that "phishbank.blt/bls/bly" are phishing scam emails.
    They are not viruses. It's "social engineering" attempting to get you to
    divulge account numbers and passwords to criminals with look-alike web
    sites. You should simply delete them when they arrive. Be sure to purge
    your Trash folders, then compact them.

    This is a case by your anti-virus program of .. well .. Chicken Little.

    Don't ever click on a link that says it's for your bank. If you would
    stop reading email in HTML, you would see the links do NOT go to the
    bank in question.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 10, 2009

  3. Tom

    doS Guest

    Try system restore

    doS, Apr 10, 2009
  4. doS wrote:

    > Try system restore

    Won't help. The problem is stored email messages with links to phishing
    sites.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 10, 2009
  5. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 22:19:13 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Obviously your service has nothing in the way of spam blocking.
    >Which is one reason why I still prefer mail.usa.com.
    >I rarely see any spam.

    WTF does the OP's question have to do with spam?

    >And for those who say your bank does not send out email, is bullshit.
    >If you should happen to get one that appears to be from your bank, and
    >they ask for account details, ya gots to ask why they want that when
    >they already have it.

    Your bank WILL send you notices, but never ask for account details.

    Please destroy your computer.

    Evan Platt, Apr 10, 2009
  6. Tom

    thanatoid Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > Obviously your service has nothing in the way of spam
    > blocking. Which is one reason why I still prefer
    > mail.usa.com. I rarely see any spam.
    >
    > If you'd prefer a service that let's you use

    "let is you use?"

    Sigh.

    > your email
    > client, then try www.newsguy.com I get practically no spam
    > there.
    >
    > And for those who say your bank does not send out email, is
    > bullshit. If you should happen to get one that appears to
    > be from your bank, and they ask for account details, ya
    > gots to ask why they want that when they already have it.

    Most people are /very/ clueless. That's why phishing works.

    thanatoid, Apr 10, 2009
  7. richard wrote:

    > Obviously your service has nothing in the way of spam blocking.

    According to their web site, they do. It is called "SpamScrub."

    <shrug>
    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 10, 2009
  8. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 23:26:38 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >According to their web site, they do. It is called "SpamScrub."
    >
    ><shrug>

    They don't call him Stoopid for nothing..

    Evan Platt, Apr 10, 2009