Thunderbird - Delete message on remote server?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Agustin, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Agustin

    Agustin Guest

    Hi,

    As a Linux user I've been with Thunderbird for its last few builds,
    principally as an email client, and there is just one aspect that still
    doesn't convince me, though I am still exceedingly happy with the
    application as a whole.

    Let me explain:

    The most important setting for me in mailboxes is to leave the messages on
    the remote server, until deleted from my trash box. The second most
    important is to download headers only, not the bulk of the message body. I
    find that when I delete mails from my inboxes they continue to reside on
    the remote server.

    I have been also been using Calypso Mail (through Wine) and here I have an
    option "Delete from remote server now". The same goes for Magic Mail
    Monitor, though I haven't been able to run this under Linux (yet).

    Could someone tell me if I have missed out an option
    somewhere?

    MTIA

    Agustín
    Agustin, Feb 17, 2005