    anyhelp as Im not keen on keeping old spam mail in my inbox!
    thanks!
    Numb
    Comfortably Numb, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Comfortably Numb

    erina Guest

    > I have 2 messages that my isp has labeled as spam (as they are)
    > but I cannot delete them!
    > nothing happens at asll when i highlight and click delete even if i
    > right-click and click move to - local folders - trash

    1. Click on the message in the message list. It will be highlited.
    2. Press Del (on keyboard) or click on the "delete" icon (7th from the
    left in my Thunderbird, but I don't remenber if it was originally there)
    or click on the "delete junk" icon (somewhere...) or use the menu: tools
    -> delete messages marked as junk.
    3. It should die now. :)

    ps: sorry for mistakes if any, English isn't my home language.
    ps2: no one have answered my question... blah. :(

    --
    eri
    erina, Jan 13, 2005

  3. erina wrote:

    > 1. Click on the message in the message list. It will be highlited.
    > 2. Press Del (on keyboard) or click on the "delete" icon (7th from the
    > left in my Thunderbird, but I don't remenber if it was originally there)
    > or click on the "delete junk" icon (somewhere...) or use the menu: tools
    > -> delete messages marked as junk.
    > 3. It should die now. :)
    >
    > ps: sorry for mistakes if any, English isn't my home language.
    > ps2: no one have answered my question... blah. :(

    Did you even read my post?
    All that you just typed - I cant do!
    I know how to delete messages! TB just isnt letting me do it!
    Numb
    Comfortably Numb, Jan 13, 2005
  4. Comfortably Numb

    erina Guest

    > Did you even read my post?

    Easy, man...

    > All that you just typed - I cant do!

    What about highliting the _folder_ & using "delete messages marked as junk"?

    > I know how to delete messages! TB just isnt letting me do it!

    o_O

    In my TB (1.0) it works... I dunno.

    --
    eri
    erina, Jan 13, 2005
  5. Comfortably Numb wrote:
    > hey guys, im new to mozilla and thunderbird, started using them a few
    > days ago and Ill be staying! Way better than that M$ crap!
    > anyway...I got a bit of a problem in thunderbird:
    > I have 2 messages that my isp has labeled as spam (as they are)
    > but I cannot delete them!
    > nothing happens at asll when i highlight and click delete even if i
    > right-click and click move to - local folders - trash
    >
    > anyhelp as Im not keen on keeping old spam mail in my inbox!
    > thanks!
    > Numb

    I wish I could help, but this has never happened to me, nor have I heard
    of it happening.

    Let me understand clearly. Highlighting the message and deleting,
    either with the keyboard Delete key or right clicking on it anc choosing
    Delete. I assume you've highlighted and chosen edit>>Delete Message too.

    You've also tried to drag and drop the message to trash, all without
    success.

    Have you enabled Junk Mail controls, enabling moving messages when you
    mark them as junk? Have you marked the messages as junk, to try to allow
    the JMC to move or delete them?

    When you open the messgas, do you see the contents? How about if you
    View>>Message Source?

    I'm going to suggest that you close TB, go to your profile folder, and
    delete the .msf files for the folder in which these rogue mails reside.
    Then reopen TB. It probably won't help, but they are just summary
    files, which will be rebuilt, so it can't hurt to delete them.

    Also, if you have not done so in a while, compact the folders.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 13, 2005
  6. Comfortably Numb

    getawebcontent

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hey, I just had this problem. Highlighting an email and pressing the Del key just won't delete the msg. What I did was I highlighted several emails, right clicked, Delete Selected Messages. Viola! They're gone! Hope that helps.

    Ask me how you could make money online!
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    getawebcontent, Aug 29, 2008
  7. Comfortably Numb

    igivup

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    TBird will not delete inbox pop3 messages

    I have same problem exactly as erina above... cannot delete mail from pop3 inbox. Tried KBoard delete, icon delete, edit menu delete, r/clk menu delete all no good. Also 'Getawebcontent' above ... tried his idea of deleting a block of messages - no good either. Some messages were even test messages to myself using a second address.
    igivup, Feb 19, 2010