    folders, away from the document and settings path on my WinXP box.
    What would be the best way to do this?

    Thanks!
    Beldar Conehead, Sep 20, 2005

  2. Beldar Conehead wrote:
    > How do all.
    >
    > I'm looking to change the default location of my Inbox and Local
    > folders, away from the document and settings path on my WinXP box.
    > What would be the best way to do this?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Copy your profile and place it in your desired location. Open TB's
    Profile Manager, and delete the old profile. Just to be on the safe
    side, do not delete the files.

    Create a new profile with the same name, and using the Choose folder
    button, browse to the location of your copied profile folder.

    TB should pick up the information that you moved and use it.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Sep 20, 2005

  3. Beldar Conehead

    gwtc Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Beldar Conehead wrote:
    >
    >> How do all.
    >>
    >> I'm looking to change the default location of my Inbox and Local
    >> folders, away from the document and settings path on my WinXP box.
    >> What would be the best way to do this?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > Copy your profile and place it in your desired location. Open TB's
    > Profile Manager, and delete the old profile. Just to be on the safe
    > side, do not delete the files.
    >
    > Create a new profile with the same name, and using the Choose folder
    > button, browse to the location of your copied profile folder.
    >
    > TB should pick up the information that you moved and use it.
    >
    > Lee

    You forgot one thing Lee. To get to the Profile Manager, click on
    Start, Run and enter Firefox.exe -p
    gwtc, Sep 20, 2005
  4. gwtc wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Beldar Conehead wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do all.
    >>>
    >>> I'm looking to change the default location of my Inbox and Local
    >>> folders, away from the document and settings path on my WinXP box.
    >>> What would be the best way to do this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>

    >> Copy your profile and place it in your desired location. Open TB's
    >> Profile Manager, and delete the old profile. Just to be on the safe
    >> side, do not delete the files.
    >>
    >> Create a new profile with the same name, and using the Choose folder
    >> button, browse to the location of your copied profile folder.
    >>
    >> TB should pick up the information that you moved and use it.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > You forgot one thing Lee. To get to the Profile Manager, click on
    > Start, Run and enter Firefox.exe -p

    The question was about Thunderbird though. TB has a PM shortcut in
    Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Thunderbird.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Sep 20, 2005
  5. Beldar Conehead

    gwtc Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:

    >>> Copy your profile and place it in your desired location. Open TB's
    >>> Profile Manager, and delete the old profile. Just to be on the safe
    >>> side, do not delete the files.
    >>>
    >>> Create a new profile with the same name, and using the Choose folder
    >>> button, browse to the location of your copied profile folder.
    >>>
    >>> TB should pick up the information that you moved and use it.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> You forgot one thing Lee. To get to the Profile Manager, click on
    >> Start, Run and enter Firefox.exe -p

    > The question was about Thunderbird though. TB has a PM shortcut in
    > Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Thunderbird.
    >
    > Lee

    Ooops, correction on that. It should be Thunderbird.exe -p

    And, you're right. I was looking in the Firefox again, which it
    doesn't create a profile manager shortcut.
    gwtc, Sep 20, 2005
  6. Beldar Conehead

    charles Guest

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:51:15 GMT, Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    >Beldar Conehead wrote:
    >> How do all.
    >>
    >> I'm looking to change the default location of my Inbox and Local
    >> folders, away from the document and settings path on my WinXP box.
    >> What would be the best way to do this?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    >Copy your profile and place it in your desired location. Open TB's
    >Profile Manager, and delete the old profile. Just to be on the safe
    >side, do not delete the files.
    >
    >Create a new profile with the same name, and using the Choose folder
    >button, browse to the location of your copied profile folder.
    >
    >TB should pick up the information that you moved and use it.
    >
    >Lee

    OP seemed to be looking for a way to relocate specific data files, maybe
    not necessarily the entire profile.

    I've done this myself. Just point to the location you want with
    Tools/Account Settings/Server Settings/Local directory for the place you
    want the files.

    If you already have data in the files you have, just copy the
    file/structure to where you want it before point the acct setting to it.
    TB will recreate .msf files.

    I keep my profiles on a system disk and data on a data disk somewhere
    else for a variety of reasons.
    charles, Sep 21, 2005
  7. Thanks to all who responded.
    Beldar Conehead, Sep 22, 2005