Thunderbird crashes on import, also won't forward messages

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by moonklash, May 26, 2005.

  1. moonklash

    moonklash Guest

    Hi there,

    I'd very much like to get away from the bloat of Outlook 2003 but,
    unfortunetely I need to keep the 700mb of emails I have. Yes, I know
    that's a lot but I work for an ISP so that's how most of my
    communication comes in, and I have to keep emails to and from former
    members of staff.

    I've installed Thunderbird and I'm importing my Outlook 2003 messages,
    but it crashes, doesn't give an error, just completely dies. At the
    moment it's frozen after half an hour of importing. Got any ideas how
    to transfer the messages across or is Thunderbird too unstable for this
    number of messages?

    Got another question as well: If after a couple of months of using
    Thunderbird I need to go back to Outlook, is there any convenient way
    of zapping the messages across?

    And lastly, I've created a series of email templates for use by all in
    the office. I've saved these three times: in msg format, html format
    and in eml format. I can only open the eml messages, but after opening
    it doesn't let me forward, the forward option is blanked out.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks for you help!

    Stu.

    stuart_clark @ don't spam me please *excite* dot com