    Help!!
    --
    Dene Charlesworth
    Dene Charlesworth, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Dene Charlesworth wrote:

    > I have a mail header in my inbox that i can't delete. Each time I try
    > it crashes thunderbird & want's to send an error report to microsoft.
    > It also prevents me from compacting messages & exporting messages.
    > I am about to reformat my drive & will lose all my emails if I can't
    > sort this out.
    > Help!!

    You just have to delete the *inbox.msf* file (only this one not the one
    without extension) this is an" Mail Sumery File" which contains the
    headers of your inbox e- mails. The msf file seems to be corrupted . A
    new inbox.msf file will be generated automatically when you acces your
    mail. I don't know which version of Windows you are using but on the
    next link you will find the path to the directorie where the inbox.msf
    file is located:

    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7profloc.html

    Also read :

    http://sillydog.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6209