    Thanks
    Steve
    southiowa
    Steve IA, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Steve IA wrote:
    > I'm trying to convert from OE to TB. I want TB to connect to the
    > internet when I open the program. For the life of me I can't find a
    > setting for this. The TB forums are responding and the TB help page is
    > not much help. How can I get TB to connect at program startup?
    > Thanks
    > Steve
    > southiowa

    I assume that you are trying to get TB to autodial on startup. This is
    a system thing rather then the program.

    I must point out that I am almost always on broadband, so dialing up is
    not an issue. I think this will work though.

    First of all set TB as the default mail app,
    Tools>>Options>>General>>General Settings.

    Then make sure it is in online mode, File>>offline>> make sure work
    offline is *not* checked.

    Then Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Programs

    See that TB is listed as default mail app. Then click the Connect tab.
    Select always dial my default connection. When TB opens up in online
    mode, Windows should detect that there is no connection, and dial up.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Steve IA wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to convert from OE to TB. I want TB to connect to the
    >> internet when I open the program. For the life of me I can't find a
    >> setting for this. The TB forums are responding and the TB help page is
    >> not much help. How can I get TB to connect at program startup?
    >> Thanks
    >> Steve
    >> southiowa

    > I assume that you are trying to get TB to autodial on startup. This is
    > a system thing rather then the program.
    >
    > I must point out that I am almost always on broadband, so dialing up is
    > not an issue. I think this will work though.
    >
    > First of all set TB as the default mail app,
    > Tools>>Options>>General>>General Settings.
    >
    > Then make sure it is in online mode, File>>offline>> make sure work
    > offline is *not* checked.
    >
    > Then Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Programs
    >
    > See that TB is listed as default mail app. Then click the Connect tab.
    > Select always dial my default connection. When TB opens up in online
    > mode, Windows should detect that there is no connection, and dial up.
    >
    > Lee

    OK, Thanks lee,

    Steve
    Steve IA, Nov 9, 2004