    Any clues out there?

    Thanks
    Doug in Fremont
    Doug Chadduck, Aug 11, 2007

  2. Doug Chadduck

    Frank Guest

    Doug Chadduck wrote:
    > Not sure if this is Thunderbird or Comcast.
    > Every time I open my mail I am asked for my password.
    > I put in my password, check the remember password box, and then get a
    > bad password error message from Comcast mail server. Over and over if I
    > keep trying.
    >
    > BUT If I just X out of the password request, my mail downloads and all
    > is well.
    >
    > I think I'm current on T-Bird version 1.8.2
    >
    > Any clues out there?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Doug in Fremont

    I think it's Comcast. Happened to me and also yesterday I could not log
    into Comcast mail but all was fine an hour later. Hiccup sounds like
    good explanation. Old isp had them too.
    Frank
    Frank, Aug 11, 2007

  3. Frank wrote:
    > Doug Chadduck wrote:
    >> Not sure if this is Thunderbird or Comcast.
    >> Every time I open my mail I am asked for my password.
    >> I put in my password, check the remember password box, and then get a
    >> bad password error message from Comcast mail server. Over and over if
    >> I keep trying.
    >>
    >> BUT If I just X out of the password request, my mail downloads and
    >> all is well.
    >>
    >> I think I'm current on T-Bird version 1.8.2
    >>
    >> Any clues out there?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Doug in Fremont

    > I think it's Comcast. Happened to me and also yesterday I could not log
    > into Comcast mail but all was fine an hour later. Hiccup sounds like
    > good explanation. Old isp had them too.
    > Frank

    When I log into my main e-mail it also polls two secondary accounts. I
    hadn't realized it was one of the secondaries that had the hiccup. One
    letter difference in name. Sheesh. Had to go into Comcast mail manager
    and tell it I had no memory of what PW was for that account and then put
    in a new one and back in business again. Sometimes I'd prefer a good
    CRASH rather that these annoying elusive little problems.
    Doug in Fremont
    Doug Chadduck, Aug 12, 2007