    I am using MozBackup 1.4 it takes over half an hour to backup my emails.
    Is this normal? Is there a faster way to do it?

    Kathy

    Kathy, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Kathy

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Kathy wrote:

    > I am using MozBackup 1.4 it takes over half an hour to backup my emails.
    > Is this normal? Is there a faster way to do it?
    >
    > Kathy

    Before you backup do this:

    - empty the Sent folder of unneeded stuff
    - if some of your mail folders are very large (check the file size in
    your profile's mail folder) archive some messages
    (http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_archive.html), delete the archived messages
    - empty the Trash folder
    - Compact Folders
    - exit TB
    - do your backup

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jul 20, 2005

  3. Kathy

    Neon Knight Guest

    Kathy <> wrote in

    > I am using MozBackup 1.4 it takes over half an hour to backup my
    > emails.

    How many frickin' emails do you have?

    Neon Knight, Jul 20, 2005
  4. "Kathy" <> wrote in message
    > I am using MozBackup 1.4 it takes over half an hour to backup my emails.
    > Is this normal? Is there a faster way to do it?
    >
    > Kathy

    No all Mozilla stuff is cripplingly slow.

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Kathy

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
    > "Kathy" <> wrote in message
    >> I am using MozBackup 1.4 it takes over half an hour to backup my emails.
    >> Is this normal? Is there a faster way to do it?
    >>
    >> Kathy

    > No all Mozilla stuff is cripplingly slow.

    theres a word for people like you...
    the thing that it concerns goes "arrgh" and is large and stupid, not
    that it parallels this comparison of course

    Jedi Fans, Jul 22, 2005
  6. Kathy wrote:
    > I am using MozBackup 1.4 it takes over half an hour to backup my emails.
    > Is this normal? Is there a faster way to do it?
    >
    > Kathy

    That seems long if you have stored a few 100 messages. However, it seems
    acceptable if you have stored a few million messages. I use WinRAR to
    backup my messages, and it takes between 10 en 20 minutes in background,
    depending on my systems' workload. I have about 60-70.000 messages to be
    backed up (To me, the value of about one GB on diskspace I waste by
    saving everything I send or post is much less then the value of the time
    I would otherwise have to spend on the tedious job of purging my archives).

    So half an hour might be very fast. No way to tell from the info you
    provide.

    --
    Vriendelijke groet,
    Jan van Aalderen, Amstelveen