Thunderbird - Authorised SMTP question

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Paul Blarmy, Sep 2, 2005.

  1. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    I am attempting to use TB and am having a problem'.

    I have several domain names registered with oneandone.co.uk and use
    their authorised SMTP servers to send mail.

    Each of my domain names has separate SMTP log on names and passwords so
    I need to set up multiple SMTP servers in TB. Problem is, in the list of
    SMTP servers they are ALL called auth.smtp.co.uk and this causes
    confusion!! In other programs I have used in the past (and possibly in
    TB) I can use the same log on names and details as specified in the pop
    settings - however, I can't do this now as I am using an anti-spam
    filter and as such all my pop mail is collected via 127.0.0.1

    Is there a way to distinguish between the servers by means of a comment
    appended to the server name? Is there a workaround?

    TIA

    --
    EMail address is disposable and never checked.
    Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
    Paul Blarmy, Sep 2, 2005