    am being sent are html emails and they're just not displaying correctly.
    In saying that I can recieve other html emails ...

    Is this a Thunderbird thing or a Vista thing?
    Lukan, Feb 27, 2008

  2. Lukan

    Miller Guest

    *Lukan* wrote:
    > I'm using the latest version of Thunderbird, Windows Vista.
    >
    > Since I've been using this on my new machine for about a week I'm
    > experiencing something that never happened before - occasionally I'll
    > get attachments emailed to me, but they are coming up just as
    > "attachment" as the file name, and no file extension.

    [..snip..]
    > Is this a Thunderbird thing or a Vista thing?

    I guess it's a kind of security-setting in Vista.
    cu, Miller
    Miller, Feb 27, 2008

  3. Lukan wrote:
    > I'm using the latest version of Thunderbird, Windows Vista.
    >
    > Since I've been using this on my new machine for about a week I'm
    > experiencing something that never happened before - occasionally I'll
    > get attachments emailed to me, but they are coming up just as
    > "attachment" as the file name, and no file extension.
    >
    > If I double click the attachment nothing happens, and if I right-click
    > and select "open" still nothing happens.
    >
    > I can recieve .JPG attachments etc fine. I have an inkling that what I
    > am being sent are html emails and they're just not displaying correctly.
    > In saying that I can recieve other html emails ...
    >
    > Is this a Thunderbird thing or a Vista thing?

    check your firewall, antivirus checker, or some other
    program running in the background. All these have been
    known to cause all sorts of problems with attachments. Some
    programs will change the .jpg, or .zip, or others, to
    something else -- especially Norton Internet Security is
    notorious for doing this.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 27, 2008