    indicated folder.

    TIA.

    ALS
    ALS, Mar 1, 2005

  2. ALS

    Pun Krocker Guest

    In article <>, ALS <> says...
    > When I first installed Thunderbird, I had the attachments sent to a
    > folder I titled C:\attach to easily find and store attachments. This
    > worked fine for a while.
    >
    > For some reason, even though this folder is still indicated under
    > "Options" to receive attachments, attachments stopped going to this
    > folder on November 15, 2004.
    >
    > Any help appreicated on how I can get them directed back to the
    > indicated folder.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > ALS

    I did not think this was automatic?
    It only selects the folder if I right click the attached file and select
    "save as".

    You could try :- Attachment Extractor Plugin, http://tinyurl.com/4qvvn

    --
    d{ô_ô}b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read".
    Pun Krocker, Mar 1, 2005

  3. ALS

    ALS Guest

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:52:44 -0000, Pun Krocker
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, ALS <> says...
    >> When I first installed Thunderbird, I had the attachments sent to a
    >> folder I titled C:\attach to easily find and store attachments. This
    >> worked fine for a while.
    >>
    >> For some reason, even though this folder is still indicated under
    >> "Options" to receive attachments, attachments stopped going to this
    >> folder on November 15, 2004.
    >>
    >> Any help appreicated on how I can get them directed back to the
    >> indicated folder.
    >>
    >> TIA.
    >>
    >> ALS
    >>

    >I did not think this was automatic?
    >It only selects the folder if I right click the attached file and select
    >"save as".
    >
    >You could try :- Attachment Extractor Plugin, http://tinyurl.com/4qvvn

    That helps. It's not automatic (as the option implies when it asks
    you where to send attachments), but it beats the alternative.

    Thanks.
    ALS, Mar 1, 2005
  4. ALS

    Moz Champion Guest

    ALS wrote:
    > On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:52:44 -0000, Pun Krocker
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <>, ALS <> says...
    >>
    >>>When I first installed Thunderbird, I had the attachments sent to a
    >>>folder I titled C:\attach to easily find and store attachments. This
    >>>worked fine for a while.
    >>>
    >>>For some reason, even though this folder is still indicated under
    >>>"Options" to receive attachments, attachments stopped going to this
    >>>folder on November 15, 2004.
    >>>
    >>>Any help appreicated on how I can get them directed back to the
    >>>indicated folder.
    >>>
    >>>TIA.
    >>>
    >>>ALS
    >>>

    >>I did not think this was automatic?
    >>It only selects the folder if I right click the attached file and select
    >>"save as".
    >>
    >>You could try :- Attachment Extractor Plugin, http://tinyurl.com/4qvvn

    > That helps. It's not automatic (as the option implies when it asks
    > you where to send attachments), but it beats the alternative.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It could be clearer in preferences (tools options to you) but that
    preference allows you to set the
    Attachment Folder
    And offers you a choice of selecting one every time
    OR
    having a common one

    It doesnt automatically save attachments
    Moz Champion, Mar 1, 2005
  5. ALS

    ALS Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:31:06 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >ALS wrote:
    >> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:52:44 -0000, Pun Krocker
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>In article <>, ALS <> says...

    >>>I did not think this was automatic?
    >>>It only selects the folder if I right click the attached file and select
    >>>"save as".
    >>>
    >>>You could try :- Attachment Extractor Plugin, http://tinyurl.com/4qvvn

    >> That helps. It's not automatic (as the option implies when it asks
    >> you where to send attachments), but it beats the alternative.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >It could be clearer in preferences (tools options to you) but that
    >preference allows you to set the
    >Attachment Folder
    >And offers you a choice of selecting one every time
    > OR
    >having a common one
    >
    >It doesnt automatically save attachments

    Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

    ALS
    ALS, Mar 2, 2005