    ideas how to suppress this behavior?

    Running Version 1.5 (20051201).

    Philip
    Philip, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Philip wrote:
    > I use Thunderbird for e-mail & newsgroups, but I find that when I first
    > access a newsgroup displayed as threads, that it opens and completely
    > expands a random thread - usually but not always one I haven't posted in.
    >
    > This can involve endless scrolling through stuff of no interest - any
    > ideas how to suppress this behavior?

    This 'feature' is annoying. My guess is that it is trying to draw your
    attention to the oldest thread you have posted in, but it always seems
    to be wrong.

    I too would like to be able to turn this off, but have never worked out how.

    Another Thunderbird feature I'd like to know how to turn on... grouping
    by date. I accidentally turned this on once, it turned off when I sorted
    by a column, and would like to get it back. It was useful to see
    messages from Today, Yesterday, Last week etc.

    The Other Guy
    The Other Guy, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Philip

    EMB Guest

    The Other Guy wrote:

    > Another Thunderbird feature I'd like to know how to turn on... grouping
    > by date. I accidentally turned this on once, it turned off when I sorted
    > by a column, and would like to get it back. It was useful to see
    > messages from Today, Yesterday, Last week etc.

    Sort in date column, then View --> Group --> Group by sort

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Jan 25, 2006