    like Outlook express instead of having one long continuous line of news
    messages?

    Thanks

    Scratch, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Scratch wrote:
    > Anyone know how to collapse the thread on newsgroups when using Thunderbird
    > like Outlook express instead of having one long continuous line of news
    > messages?
    >
    > Thanks

    View>>Threads>>Collapse all Threads

    Or, if you are in a hurry just hit the \ key.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Scratch

    Basil Guest

    Leonidas Jones schreef op 2/01/2005 6:17:

    > Scratch wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know how to collapse the thread on newsgroups when using
    >> Thunderbird like Outlook express instead of having one long continuous
    >> line of news messages?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > View>>Threads>>Collapse all Threads
    >
    > Or, if you are in a hurry just hit the \ key.

    When you only want to view the unread messages, this doesn't work. Is
    there a way to sort only the unread messages in threads instead of this
    long continuous line of new articles when one only wants to view the
    unread messages?

    Thanks,

    --
    Basil

    Basil, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Basil wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones schreef op 2/01/2005 6:17:
    >
    >> Scratch wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know how to collapse the thread on newsgroups when using
    >>> Thunderbird like Outlook express instead of having one long
    >>> continuous line of news messages?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >> View>>Threads>>Collapse all Threads
    >>
    >> Or, if you are in a hurry just hit the \ key.

    > When you only want to view the unread messages, this doesn't work. Is
    > there a way to sort only the unread messages in threads instead of this
    > long continuous line of new articles when one only wants to view the
    > unread messages?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Not that I know of. Threads with Unread will show entire threads, read
    messages in the threaded along with their unread responses. The only
    way to view just unread messages is to select Unread, and, as you point
    out, the threading is lost.

    I hope someone proves me wrong and comes up with a way to see just
    unread messages, with threading retained, but I don't think its possible.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Scratch

    Tony Raven Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > I hope someone proves me wrong and comes up with a way to see just
    > unread messages, with threading retained, but I don't think its possible.

    Its not logical but it seems to work on all versions of Tbird I've used
    up to and including v1.0. Set Messages to All, Threads to Unread and
    Sort By to Threaded.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Jan 3, 2005
  6. Scratch

    Basil Guest

    Tony Raven schreef op 3/01/2005 18:40:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >

    >> I hope someone proves me wrong and comes up with a way to see just
    >> unread messages, with threading retained, but I don't think its possible.
    >>

    > Its not logical but it seems to work on all versions of Tbird I've used
    > up to and including v1.0. Set Messages to All, Threads to Unread and
    > Sort By to Threaded.

    Thank you very much, this seems to work :)

    --
    Basil

    Basil, Jan 3, 2005
  7. Basil wrote:
    > Tony Raven schreef op 3/01/2005 18:40:
    >
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>

    >>> I hope someone proves me wrong and comes up with a way to see just
    >>> unread messages, with threading retained, but I don't think its
    >>> possible.
    >>>

    >> Its not logical but it seems to work on all versions of Tbird I've
    >> used up to and including v1.0. Set Messages to All, Threads to Unread
    >> and Sort By to Threaded.

    > Thank you very much, this seems to work :)

    Just goes to show, I should experiment before I answer. I tried this
    quite a while back, and it didn't work. Works now, thanks!!

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 3, 2005