    installed the Forumzilla extension on Tb 0.7x previously and this
    appears to be the extension now incorporated into Tb. There is no such
    arbitrary limit in Forumzilla.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Patrick Dunford said the following on 4/11/2004 09:48:
    > According to Tbird 0.8 docs it is only possible to have one RSS feed. Is
    > this correct?
    >
    > I currently have three and no apparent limit. This may be because I
    > installed the Forumzilla extension on Tb 0.7x previously and this
    > appears to be the extension now incorporated into Tb. There is no such
    > arbitrary limit in Forumzilla.

    Are you refering to the live bookmarks or a full RSS page feed?

    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    A lie can travel halfway around the world
    while the truth is putting on its shoes.-Mark Twain
    Collector»NZ, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Patrick Dunford said the following on 4/11/2004 09:48:
    > According to Tbird 0.8 docs it is only possible to have one RSS feed. Is
    > this correct?
    >
    > I currently have three and no apparent limit. This may be because I
    > installed the Forumzilla extension on Tb 0.7x previously and this
    > appears to be the extension now incorporated into Tb. There is no such
    > arbitrary limit in Forumzilla.

    Opps need my reading glasses ignore my question Pattrick

    Collector»NZ, Nov 3, 2004
  4. Patrick Dunford

    joe_90 Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > According to Tbird 0.8 docs it is only possible to have one RSS feed. Is
    > this correct?

    I don't know where you get this idea from - it would have been useful if
    you had specified your source.

    According to the official Mozilla Thunderbird help page -

    ( http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/ )

    "Users can set up an RSS News & Blogs account (from File > New >
    Account...) and then subscribe to feeds from their favourite news sites
    and weblogs. Each feed appears as a folder with each individual item
    appearing as a message."

    You have to be careful with terminology here. In the case of
    Thunderbird, you have two distinct concepts -

    - an RSS News & Blogs 'account' and
    - one or more RSS 'feeds'

    An RSS News & Blogs 'account' is a repository for one or more 'feeds'.

    You ask if it is possible to have more than one 'feed' (which, of
    course, it is) when I think you mean to ask is it possible to have more
    than one 'account'. The latter is an interesting question which is not
    explicitly stated in the documentation.

    I have not tried to create multiple RSS accounts, mainly because I see
    no reason to do so. I think it is more logical to have a single top
    level RSS account and create sub folders for each category of RSS feed
    to which you subscribe.

    HTH.
    joe_90, Nov 4, 2004
  5. In article <SOgid.3054$> in nz.comp on Thu, 04
    Nov 2004 15:51:29 +1300, joe_90 <joe_90@invalid_address.com> says...
    > Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > > According to Tbird 0.8 docs it is only possible to have one RSS feed. Is
    > > this correct?

    > I don't know where you get this idea from - it would have been useful if
    > you had specified your source.
    >
    > According to the official Mozilla Thunderbird help page -
    >
    > ( http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/ )
    >
    > "Users can set up an RSS News & Blogs account (from File > New >
    > Account...) and then subscribe to feeds from their favourite news sites
    > and weblogs. Each feed appears as a folder with each individual item
    > appearing as a message."

    Someone else previously commented on being able to create only one feed,
    which I thought was a bit odd, until I saw this on mozilla:
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/0.8-release-notes.html#issues

    "You cannot create more than one RSS account via the Account Manager."

    Which I presume means an RSS connection.

    > You have to be careful with terminology here. In the case of
    > Thunderbird, you have two distinct concepts -
    >
    > - an RSS News & Blogs 'account' and
    > - one or more RSS 'feeds'
    >
    > An RSS News & Blogs 'account' is a repository for one or more 'feeds'.

    > You ask if it is possible to have more than one 'feed' (which, of
    > course, it is) when I think you mean to ask is it possible to have more
    > than one 'account'. The latter is an interesting question which is not
    > explicitly stated in the documentation.

    No I mean is it possible to have more than one feed. I was under this
    impression because of a comment made by someone else that you could only
    have the one feed.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 4, 2004
  6. Patrick Dunford

    joe_90 Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > In article <SOgid.3054$> in nz.comp on Thu, 04
    > Nov 2004 15:51:29 +1300, joe_90 <joe_90@invalid_address.com> says...
    >
    >>Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >>
    >>>According to Tbird 0.8 docs it is only possible to have one RSS feed. Is
    >>>this correct?

    >>I don't know where you get this idea from - it would have been useful if
    >>you had specified your source.
    >>
    >>According to the official Mozilla Thunderbird help page -
    >>
    >>( http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/ )
    >>
    >>"Users can set up an RSS News & Blogs account (from File > New >
    >>Account...) and then subscribe to feeds from their favourite news sites
    >>and weblogs. Each feed appears as a folder with each individual item
    >>appearing as a message."

    > Someone else previously commented on being able to create only one feed,
    > which I thought was a bit odd, until I saw this on mozilla:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/0.8-release-notes.html#issues
    >
    > "You cannot create more than one RSS account via the Account Manager."
    >
    > Which I presume means an RSS connection.

    So now you introduce a new undefined term 'RSS connection' which just
    confuses the situation.

    The issue you quote from the 0.8 release notes clearly says 'account',
    so the problem is with multiple accounts NOT multiple feeds.

    >>You have to be careful with terminology here. In the case of
    >>Thunderbird, you have two distinct concepts -
    >>
    >> - an RSS News & Blogs 'account' and
    >> - one or more RSS 'feeds'
    >>
    >>An RSS News & Blogs 'account' is a repository for one or more 'feeds'.

    >>You ask if it is possible to have more than one 'feed' (which, of
    >>course, it is) when I think you mean to ask is it possible to have more
    >>than one 'account'. The latter is an interesting question which is not
    >>explicitly stated in the documentation.

    > No I mean is it possible to have more than one feed. I was under this
    > impression because of a comment made by someone else that you could only
    > have the one feed.

    Well I assume you know the answer now.
    joe_90, Nov 4, 2004