    appear in red. - is this possible in Thunderbird? - I am sure I did it a
    while ago, but now can't find a filter option to colour messages.
    - Or is there another way?
    anthonyberet, Aug 14, 2005

  2. anthonyberet <> wrote in
    news::

    > In OE, I used to have filter set so that my own Usenet posts would
    > appear in red. - is this possible in Thunderbird? - I am sure I
    > did it a while ago, but now can't find a filter option to colour
    > messages. - Or is there another way?

    I don't know about a filter option but color can be applied using
    message/label
    -max
    --
    Making Good Posts: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    My Pages: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    What's in a Name?, Aug 14, 2005

  3. "What's in a Name?" <> wrote in

    > anthonyberet <> wrote in
    >
    >> In OE, I used to have filter set so that my own Usenet posts would
    >> appear in red. - is this possible in Thunderbird? - I am sure I
    >> did it a while ago, but now can't find a filter option to colour
    >> messages. - Or is there another way?
    >>

    > I don't know about a filter option but color can be applied using
    > message/label
    > -max

    you can use message filters to label also.
    tools/message filters
    -max
    What's in a Name?, Aug 14, 2005
  4. anthonyberet wrote:
    > In OE, I used to have filter set so that my own Usenet posts would
    > appear in red. - is this possible in Thunderbird? - I am sure I did it a
    > while ago, but now can't find a filter option to colour messages.
    > - Or is there another way?

    I see this request frequently. I've never figured out why people want
    to highlight their own posts, given that they've already read them and
    no further action is necessary. Is this something people ask for
    because they don't know enough to ask how to highlight *replies* to
    their posts?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 14, 2005
  5. anthonyberet

    trout Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >> In OE, I used to have filter set so that my own Usenet posts would
    >> appear in red. - is this possible in Thunderbird? - I am sure I did
    >> it a while ago, but now can't find a filter option to colour
    >> messages. - Or is there another way?

    > I see this request frequently. I've never figured out why people want
    > to highlight their own posts, given that they've already read them and
    > no further action is necessary. Is this something people ask for
    > because they don't know enough to ask how to highlight *replies* to
    > their posts?

    No. I highlight my own posts (as well as colour-code other posters
    that I frequently read). I do this (my own) to help keep track of long
    threads, in which I've made multiple posts, or have posted somewhere in
    the depths.
    It's a small, simple convenience.
    --
    It's a good thing to have gills, when constantly dripping in sarcasm.
    trout, Aug 14, 2005
  6. anthonyberet

    WormWood Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" wrote:
    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >> In OE, I used to have filter set so that my own Usenet posts would
    >> appear in red. - is this possible in Thunderbird? - I am sure I did
    >> it a
    >> while ago, but now can't find a filter option to colour messages.
    >> - Or is there another way?

    > I see this request frequently. I've never figured out why people want
    > to highlight their own posts, given that they've already read them and
    > no further action is necessary. Is this something people ask for
    > because they don't know enough to ask how to highlight *replies* to
    > their posts?

    I frequently highlight (in red ) my own posts, not to re-read my own
    posts but rather to easily find any answers to those posts. The method I
    use in OE highlights only my own posts within the threads and not
    others'. I'm working on changing to Firebird.
    --
    So nyah nyah nyah!! :0)
    WormWood, Aug 14, 2005
  7. WormWood wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" wrote:
    > > anthonyberet wrote:
    >>> In OE, I used to have filter set so that my own Usenet posts would
    >>> appear in red. - is this possible in Thunderbird? - I am sure I did
    >>> it a
    >>> while ago, but now can't find a filter option to colour messages.
    >>> - Or is there another way?

    >> I see this request frequently. I've never figured out why people want
    >> to highlight their own posts, given that they've already read them and
    >> no further action is necessary. Is this something people ask for
    >> because they don't know enough to ask how to highlight *replies* to
    >> their posts?
    >>

    > I frequently highlight (in red ) my own posts, not to re-read my own
    > posts but rather to easily find any answers to those posts. The method I
    > use in OE highlights only my own posts within the threads and not
    > others'. I'm working on changing to Firebird.

    Yeah -- that's what I was talking about. Hightlighting your own posts
    when it's really the replies you want to see. Both back in the Win
    days and now herein Linux, I highlight the *responses*, which is the
    actual object. As for Firebird, I suspect you mean Thunderbird; and
    good luck -- it doesn't even have scoring. I don't know how it is for
    email, but it's not ready for prime time as a news client.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 14, 2005
  8. anthonyberet

    WormWood Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > WormWood wrote:

    >>> I see this request frequently. I've never figured out why people
    >>> want
    >>> to highlight their own posts, given that they've already read them
    >>> and
    >>> no further action is necessary. Is this something people ask for
    >>> because they don't know enough to ask how to highlight *replies* to
    >>> their posts?
    >>>

    >> I frequently highlight (in red ) my own posts, not to re-read my own
    >> posts but rather to easily find any answers to those posts. The
    >> method I
    >> use in OE highlights only my own posts within the threads and not
    >> others'. I'm working on changing to Firebird.

    > Yeah -- that's what I was talking about. Hightlighting your own posts
    > when it's really the replies you want to see. Both back in the Win
    > days and now herein Linux, I highlight the *responses*, which is the
    > actual object. As for Firebird, I suspect you mean Thunderbird; and
    > good luck -- it doesn't even have scoring. I don't know how it is for
    > email, but it's not ready for prime time as a news client.

    Highlighting only yours vs. all the answering posts saves having to
    suffer through mucho red shit on yer screen.

    Yes, wrong car.
    I'll try to survive withoit scoring until they catch up. I get maybe one
    piece of spam email per week, thanks to my isp's superior filtering.
    WormWood, Aug 14, 2005
  9. anthonyberet

    Gordon Guest

    WormWood wrote:

    > I frequently highlight (in red ) my own posts, not to re-read my own
    > posts but rather to easily find any answers to those posts. The method I
    > use in OE highlights only my own posts within the threads and not
    > others'. I'm working on changing to Firebird.

    Why not just use View-Current View-Show Replies to My posts?

    Doh!
    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Kubuntu 5.04 and Open Office 2.0
    Gordon, Aug 14, 2005
  10. anthonyberet

    Gordon Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:

    > In OE, I used to have filter set so that my own Usenet posts would
    > appear in red. - is this possible in Thunderbird? - I am sure I did it a
    > while ago, but now can't find a filter option to colour messages.
    > - Or is there another way?

    You can set up a filter so that any thread you post to gets watched. Then
    just go to View-Threads-Watched Threads with Unread. Easy.

    Gordon, Aug 14, 2005
  11. WormWood wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> WormWood wrote:

    >>> I frequently highlight (in red ) my own posts, not to re-read my own
    >>> posts but rather to easily find any answers to those posts. The
    >>> method I
    >>> use in OE highlights only my own posts within the threads and not
    >>> others'. I'm working on changing to Firebird.

    >> Yeah -- that's what I was talking about. Hightlighting your own posts
    >> when it's really the replies you want to see. Both back in the Win
    >> days and now herein Linux, I highlight the *responses*, which is the
    >> actual object. As for Firebird, I suspect you mean Thunderbird; and
    >> good luck -- it doesn't even have scoring. I don't know how it is for
    >> email, but it's not ready for prime time as a news client.
    >>

    > Highlighting only yours vs. all the answering posts saves having to
    > suffer through mucho red shit on yer screen.

    By pointing, instead to what you don't need to read. Yeah, that makes
    sense to me.

    > Yes, wrong car.
    > I'll try to survive withoit scoring until they catch up. I get maybe one
    > piece of spam email per week, thanks to my isp's superior filtering.

    You were thinking that spam's all that it's useful to score, I guess.
    I don't score spam; I let my server do that, and it does a superior
    jpb. I score other stuff.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 14, 2005
  12. anthonyberet

    WormWood Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > WormWood wrote:
    >

    >> I frequently highlight (in red ) my own posts, not to re-read my own
    >> posts but rather to easily find any answers to those posts. The
    >> method I
    >> use in OE highlights only my own posts within the threads and not
    >> others'. I'm working on changing to Firebird.

    > Why not just use View-Current View-Show Replies to My posts?
    >
    > Doh!

    Why not indeed. Exactly how I do it in OE. Works efficiently.
    WormWood, Aug 15, 2005
  13. anthonyberet

    Gordon Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> WormWood wrote:
    >>

    >>> I frequently highlight (in red ) my own posts, not to re-read my own
    >>> posts but rather to easily find any answers to those posts. The
    >>> method I use in OE highlights only my own posts within the threads
    >>> and not others'. I'm working on changing to Firebird.

    >> Why not just use View-Current View-Show Replies to My posts?
    >>
    >> Doh!

    > umm - because that wouldn't highlight my own posts in red.. ;-)

    It does if there are no other posts!
    Gordon, Aug 20, 2005
  14. anthonyberet wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> WormWood wrote:
    >>

    >>>I frequently highlight (in red ) my own posts, not to re-read my own
    >>>posts but rather to easily find any answers to those posts. The method I
    >>>use in OE highlights only my own posts within the threads and not
    >>>others'. I'm working on changing to Firebird.

    >> Why not just use View-Current View-Show Replies to My posts?
    >>
    >> Doh!

    > umm - because that wouldn't highlight my own posts in red.. ;-)

    Why not tag (flag, highlight, whatever) the *replies*, since that's your
    stated actual goal, anyway? Once you figure out how to have replies
    highlighted, special handling for your own posts is unnecessary.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 20, 2005