    IS this a production bug that I will have to tolerate till it is fixed
    or have I got it wrong somewhere. Been to the forums for both Firefox
    and Thunderbird and found nothing any ideas anyone.

    Collector_NZ, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Collector_NZ wrote:
    > I have installed ver 0.6 Thunderbird and Firefox 0.8 along with the Tab
    > extensions for Firefox.
    > I just loved Mozilla 1.6 and like the new stand alone versions as well
    > but...
    >
    > I have a problem with opening links in emails, I like to have new links
    > opened in separate tabs so went to the appropriate sites and followed
    > the instructions. Creating a user.js and adding the correct code for
    > this function to Firefox but if I attempt to open more than one link in
    > an email Firefox crashes.
    >
    > IS this a production bug that I will have to tolerate till it is fixed
    > or have I got it wrong somewhere. Been to the forums for both Firefox
    > and Thunderbird and found nothing any ideas anyone.

    Can't help you with your probs, but perhaps you can help me with mine.

    You know how there's a "download posts to read later offline. tick here"?
    Well, I've ticked and changed things and re-ticked and gone through the
    prefs and no way can I read posts off-line. If I try I get a box
    informing me that it's no longer connected to clear news. It was the
    _one_ MS thing I liked, the fact that I could download posts (just the
    same as getting the email) and disconnect so my phone line was
    available, and I wasn't paying for more hours. Haven't found anything
    in Linux that actually does it, despite Mozilla and a couple of others
    (forget which) pretending they do.

    A L P

    Agnes Lovejoy Prune, Jun 11, 2004

  3. In article <>, says...
    > I have installed ver 0.6 Thunderbird and Firefox 0.8 along with the Tab
    > extensions for Firefox.
    > I just loved Mozilla 1.6 and like the new stand alone versions as well
    > but...
    >
    > I have a problem with opening links in emails, I like to have new links
    > opened in separate tabs so went to the appropriate sites and followed
    > the instructions. Creating a user.js and adding the correct code for
    > this function to Firefox but if I attempt to open more than one link in
    > an email Firefox crashes.
    >
    > IS this a production bug that I will have to tolerate till it is fixed
    > or have I got it wrong somewhere. Been to the forums for both Firefox
    > and Thunderbird and found nothing any ideas anyone.

    I prefer to use Mozilla [browser only] with the Multizilla extension to
    FF/Tabbrowser.

    Patrick Dunford, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Collector_NZ wrote:

    > I have installed ver 0.6 Thunderbird and Firefox 0.8 along with the Tab
    > extensions for Firefox.
    > I just loved Mozilla 1.6 and like the new stand alone versions as well
    > but...
    >
    > I have a problem with opening links in emails, I like to have new links
    > opened in separate tabs so went to the appropriate sites and followed
    > the instructions. Creating a user.js and adding the correct code for
    > this function to Firefox but if I attempt to open more than one link in
    > an email Firefox crashes.
    >
    > IS this a production bug that I will have to tolerate till it is fixed
    > or have I got it wrong somewhere. Been to the forums for both Firefox
    > and Thunderbird and found nothing any ideas anyone.

    maybe put it through to the developers @ bugilla or Mozdev (or whatever)
    I think they are looking for that sort of input.

    Murray Sutherland, Jun 11, 2004
  5. On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:33:57 +1200, Collector_NZ wrote:

    > I have a problem with opening links in emails, I like to have new links
    > opened in separate tabs so went to the appropriate sites and followed
    > the instructions.

    A partial solution can be found in the 0.8+ releases (0.9 development
    tree).

    Firefox 0.8+ will now open clicked links in a new window, rather than using
    the last active tab.

    Maybe not the complete answer that you're looking for, but worthwhile
    considering if it is an issue.

    Try the latest nightly build at
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-0.9/FirefoxSetup.exe

    Joseph Christianson, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Collector_NZ

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Joseph Christianson said the following on 11/06/2004 23:24:
    > On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:33:57 +1200, Collector_NZ wrote:
    >

    >>I have a problem with opening links in emails, I like to have new links
    >>opened in separate tabs so went to the appropriate sites and followed
    >>the instructions.

    > A partial solution can be found in the 0.8+ releases (0.9 development
    > tree).
    >
    > Firefox 0.8+ will now open clicked links in a new window, rather than using
    > the last active tab.
    >
    > Maybe not the complete answer that you're looking for, but worthwhile
    > considering if it is an issue.
    >
    > Try the latest nightly build at
    > ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-0.9/FirefoxSetup.exe

    The work around I have found is to turn on the open link from clipboard
    in new tab and I just copy each link to the clipboard and hey presto 1/2
    second later it opens.

    Collector_NZ, Jun 11, 2004