    paste text. Is the Firefox/Thunderbird disk-thrashing a known issue?
    I've tried different swap file settings to no avail.

    System: XP Pro-SP1, P4, 512 megs RAM.

    loaery ouopwe4wiuyt, Aug 4, 2004

  2. loaery ouopwe4wiuyt

    Himm Guest

    loaery ouopwe4wiuyt wrote:
    > Firefox is my favorite browser, and Thunderbird is my favorite mail/news
    > client. However, when I switch between them, I get LOTS of
    > disk-thrashing swapping activity, which pretty much locks up the system
    > for twenty seconds or more. I stopped using Mozilla a while back
    > because it frequently slowed the system way down when I would cut and
    > paste text. Is the Firefox/Thunderbird disk-thrashing a known issue?
    > I've tried different swap file settings to no avail.
    >
    > System: XP Pro-SP1, P4, 512 megs RAM.

    Maybe you need to upgrade your system or your firefox/thunderbird
    versions, mine works flawless and quicker then 1.7.1 suite.

    Himm

    Himm, Aug 4, 2004

  3. loaery ouopwe4wiuyt

    .BRIAN. Guest

    loaery ouopwe4wiuyt wrote:
    > Firefox is my favorite browser, and Thunderbird is my favorite mail/news
    > client. However, when I switch between them, I get LOTS of
    > disk-thrashing swapping activity, which pretty much locks up the system
    > for twenty seconds or more. I stopped using Mozilla a while back
    > because it frequently slowed the system way down when I would cut and
    > paste text. Is the Firefox/Thunderbird disk-thrashing a known issue?
    > I've tried different swap file settings to no avail.
    >
    > System: XP Pro-SP1, P4, 512 megs RAM.

    Are you really using TB version 0.3!? You know the latest version is 0.7.2?
    ---
    From: loaery ouopwe4wiuyt <>
    Gecko/20031013 Thunderbird/0.3
    ---

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    .BRIAN., Aug 4, 2004
  4. ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > Are you really using TB version 0.3!? You know the latest version is
    > 0.7.2?

    Jeez, I hadn't looked in a while, thanks. I'll grab the latest and see
    if the problem persists -

    loaery ouopwe4wiuyt, Aug 4, 2004