    Also, any suggestion for using Firefox Bookmarks with IExplorer under
    the same circumstances would also be appreciated.

    Harvi

    Harvey, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Harvey schreef:
    > NG:
    >
    > How can I export--or copy--my Address Book to a floppy that can used
    > with OExpress? I intend to travel and do not wish to download Mozilla
    > on someone else's computer.

    Export it as a csv file, OE can handle that. I'm not sure, but it might
    handle ldif too.

    > Also, any suggestion for using Firefox Bookmarks with IExplorer under
    > the same circumstances would also be appreciated.

    You can always open the bookmarks.html file with IE and click on the links.

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Harvey

    Doug G Guest

    Harvey wrote:
    > NG:
    >
    > How can I export--or copy--my Address Book to a floppy that can used
    > with OExpress? I intend to travel and do not wish to download Mozilla
    > on someone else's computer.
    >
    > Also, any suggestion for using Firefox Bookmarks with IExplorer under
    > the same circumstances would also be appreciated.
    >
    > Harvi

    Use Export on Address Book's Tools menu to export the address book as an
    LDIF file. OE should be able to import the LDIF file.

    Microsoft's Favtool will convert Netscape/Mozilla bookmarks to Favorites
    and vice versa.

    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description.asp?fid=6052

    Doug G, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Harvey

    Harvey Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Harvey wrote:
    >
    >> NG:
    >>
    >> How can I export--or copy--my Address Book to a floppy that can used
    >> with OExpress? I intend to travel and do not wish to download
    >> Mozilla on someone else's computer.
    >>
    >> Also, any suggestion for using Firefox Bookmarks with IExplorer under
    >> the same circumstances would also be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Harvi

    > Use Export on Address Book's Tools menu to export the address book as an
    > LDIF file. OE should be able to import the LDIF file.

    Where do I find "export"? Unlike OE, Thunderbird|File allows only
    import. How would I convert to a .csv file should OE not recognize
    ..ldif file? Do I have to use "copy" for Bookmarks?

    > Microsoft's Favtool will convert Netscape/Mozilla bookmarks to Favorites
    > and vice versa.

    Should I then copy as .html file and import w/IE?

    > http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description.asp?fid=6052

    Thanks,
    Harvey

    Harvey, Oct 10, 2005
  5. Harvey

    mike555 Guest

    Harvey wrote:
    > NG:
    >
    > How can I export--or copy--my Address Book to a floppy that can used
    > with OExpress? I intend to travel and do not wish to download Mozilla
    > on someone else's computer.
    >
    > Also, any suggestion for using Firefox Bookmarks with IExplorer under
    > the same circumstances would also be appreciated.
    >
    > Harvi

    if your going to be using someones computer they might not like you
    adding your addresses to their OE, I suggest getting portable
    Thunderbird from ...
    http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_thunderbird/ adding your
    addresses and away you go ....... as far as Firefox just export the
    bookmarks file to a CD or thumb drive , or get portable Firefox also.

    mike555, Oct 10, 2005
  6. Harvey

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:33:21 -0400, in message
     <>, Harvey wrote:

    > Doug G wrote:
    > > Harvey wrote:
    > >
    > >> NG:
    > >>
    > >> How can I export--or copy--my Address Book to a floppy that can used
    > >> with OExpress? I intend to travel and do not wish to download
    > >> Mozilla on someone else's computer.
    > >>
    > >> Also, any suggestion for using Firefox Bookmarks with IExplorer under
    > >> the same circumstances would also be appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Harvi

    > > Use Export on Address Book's Tools menu to export the address book as an
    > > LDIF file. OE should be able to import the LDIF file.

    > Where do I find "export"?

    From the address book window, pull down the "Tools" menu.

    > Unlike OE, Thunderbird|File allows only
    > import.

    1. Look on the address book window, not the Thunderbird main window.
    2. And its not under "File" but under another pull-down menu.

    > How would I convert to a .csv file should OE not recognize
    > .ldif file?

    When you get there, you will see that the TBird address book export
    can export both to .LDIF and to .CSV.

    > Do I have to use "copy" for Bookmarks?
    >

    > > Microsoft's Favtool will convert Netscape/Mozilla bookmarks to Favorites
    > > and vice versa.

    > Should I then copy as .html file and import w/IE?

    If you use favtool to convert Netscape/Mozilla bookmarks to Favorites,
    you get IE favorites.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "then copy as .html file".

    IE favorites are a collection of .URL (Internet Shortcut) files.
    IE favorites are _not_ a .html file.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Oct 11, 2005
  7. Harvey schreef:
    > Doug G wrote:
    >
    >> Harvey wrote:
    >>
    >>> NG:
    >>>
    >>> How can I export--or copy--my Address Book to a floppy that can used
    >>> with OExpress? I intend to travel and do not wish to download
    >>> Mozilla on someone else's computer.
    >>>
    >>> Also, any suggestion for using Firefox Bookmarks with IExplorer under
    >>> the same circumstances would also be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Harvi

    >> Use Export on Address Book's Tools menu to export the address book as
    >> an LDIF file. OE should be able to import the LDIF file.

    > Where do I find "export"? Unlike OE, Thunderbird|File allows only
    > import. How would I convert to a .csv file should OE not recognize
    > .ldif file? Do I have to use "copy" for Bookmarks?
    >

    >> Microsoft's Favtool will convert Netscape/Mozilla bookmarks to
    >> Favorites and vice versa.

    > Should I then copy as .html file and import w/IE?

    You probably wonder where to get bookmarks.html, it is in your profile
    folder, see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    www.lieverleven.be