    Is there a way I can shut this off? That is, if no match is found in my
    address book I want it to just use what I typed in without appending myISP?

    TIA
    Porter Smith, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Porter Smith wrote:
    > I'm using Thunderbird 1.07 on Windows XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > When I enter a addressee it automatically searches my address book for
    > matching name. Works fine. But if no match is found it generates a
    > addressee at my ISP.
    >
    > For example if I want to send a note to "Joe" but type "Jor" by mistake, it
    > fills in ""
    >
    > Is there a way I can shut this off? That is, if no match is found in my
    > address book I want it to just use what I typed in without appending myISP?
    >
    > TIA

    If you upgraded to Thunderbird 1.5 you wouldnt have this problem <g>
    Its turned off by default in 1.5

    You can turn the feature off in your version as well
    about:config
    filter on mail.id

    scroll down the list until you see
    mail.identity.default.autocompleteToMyDomain
    toggle it to false

    NB the extension about config assists in this regard, as it allows
    direct access to the config in Thunderbird.
    Without such you can do the same thing tho. Create a user.js file and
    enter the following

    user_pref("mail.identity.default.autocompleteToMyDomain", false);
    Moz Champion (Dan), Mar 11, 2006