Thunderbird .9 sig question

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by graeme@invalid, Nov 23, 2004.

  1. Rob F. in Houston wrote:
    > Just getting T-bird .9 set up so consider this a newbe question, in account
    > settings my "and place my signature" is greyed out, is this due to a
    > configuration error on my part ? Did the import from Outlook Express ((ver
    > 6)) bit, seems to have got all my e-mail addresses but can't get even a
    > single sig to work.

    First write your signature using something like notepad and save it as a
    text file. Then tick Attach this signature, click on "choose" and
    select the location and name of the text file that you created.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Rob F. in Houston wrote:
    > <graeme@invalid> wrote in message
    > : Rob F. in Houston wrote:
    > : > Just getting T-bird .9 set up so consider this a newbe question, in
    > account
    > : > settings my "and place my signature" is greyed out, is this due to a
    > : > configuration error on my part ? Did the import from Outlook Express
    > ((ver
    > : > 6)) bit, seems to have got all my e-mail addresses but can't get even a
    > : > single sig to work.
    > : >
    > :
    > :
    > : First write your signature using something like notepad and save it as a
    > : text file. Then tick Attach this signature, click on "choose" and
    > : select the location and name of the text file that you created.
    > :
    > Got my sig saved but where is the attach this sig option in Thunderbird,
    > tools optitons or edit folder options, where ? Thanks !

    Select Tools\Account Settings, and select the account name, it should
    already be highlighted.
    Then tick Attach this signature, click on "choose" and select the
    location and name of the text file that you created. Also check your
    Newsgroup Account name, it should (by default)also have the same path.

    Sorry I thought that you knew how to get there. BTW there is no Attach
    this signature option.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Nov 23, 2004

  3. Just getting T-bird .9 set up so consider this a newbe question, in account
    settings my "and place my signature" is greyed out, is this due to a
    configuration error on my part ? Did the import from Outlook Express ((ver
    6)) bit, seems to have got all my e-mail addresses but can't get even a
    single sig to work.

    --
    Rob (OE) Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    ---

    Rob F. in Houston, Nov 24, 2004
  5. Rob F. in Houston wrote:
    > <graeme@invalid> wrote in message
    > : Rob F. in Houston wrote:
    > : > Just getting T-bird .9 set up so consider this a newbe question, in
    > account
    > : > settings my "and place my signature" is greyed out, is this due to a
    > : > configuration error on my part ? Did the import from Outlook Express
    > ((ver
    > : > 6)) bit, seems to have got all my e-mail addresses but can't get even a
    > : > single sig to work.
    > : >
    > :
    > :
    > : First write your signature using something like notepad and save it as a
    > : text file. Then tick Attach this signature, click on "choose" and
    > : select the location and name of the text file that you created.
    > :
    > Got my sig saved but where is the attach this sig option in Thunderbird,
    > tools optitons or edit folder options, where ? Thanks !
    >

    > ---

    Tools>>Account Settings>>(account in question)

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 24, 2004
  6. graeme@invalid wrote:
    > Rob F. in Houston wrote:
    >
    >> <graeme@invalid> wrote in message
    >> : Rob F. in Houston wrote:
    >> : > Just getting T-bird .9 set up so consider this a newbe question,
    >> in account
    >> : > settings my "and place my signature" is greyed out, is this due to a
    >> : > configuration error on my part ? Did the import from Outlook
    >> Express ((ver
    >> : > 6)) bit, seems to have got all my e-mail addresses but can't get
    >> even a
    >> : > single sig to work.
    >> : >
    >> :
    >> :
    >> : First write your signature using something like notepad and save it
    >> as a
    >> : text file. Then tick Attach this signature, click on "choose" and
    >> : select the location and name of the text file that you created.
    >> :
    >> Got my sig saved but where is the attach this sig option in
    >> Thunderbird, tools optitons or edit folder options, where ? Thanks !
    >>

    > Select Tools\Account Settings, and select the account name, it should
    > already be highlighted.
    > Then tick Attach this signature, click on "choose" and select the
    > location and name of the text file that you created. Also check your
    > Newsgroup Account name, it should (by default)also have the same path.
    >
    > Sorry I thought that you knew how to get there. BTW there is no Attach
    > this signature option.

    I was in the tools\account settings but was in the compose field (i.e.
    was making it harder than it needed to be) note 2 self, 1st Tbird NG message

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx

    R fruth in Houston, Nov 24, 2004