Thunderbird 2.0 and tags with AOL imap server help

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Steve B., May 29, 2007.

  1. Steve B.

    Steve B. Guest

    Hello,

    I just recently started using Thunderbird 2.0 with my imap America
    Online email and my pop3 Adelphia email accounts. I am having issues
    with tags on my America Online account though. It seems that when I
    assign a tag to an email in my inbox, the tag disappears. I think that
    the tags disappear after Thunderbird re-accessed the server, but I am
    not certain. I have conversed with some who say that they have an imap
    account and tags are working fine for them, so I am wondering if this
    is an issue specific to AOL and Thunderbird. Is anyone else aware of
    this occurring with AOL accounts and Thunderbird? If so, is there a
    solution or a work around asside from abandoning AOL. I have had this
    email address for the last 10-12 years and I do not want to have to go
    through notifying every single company, friend or account that I hold
    which has this email address registered and update them to a new email
    address.

    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance!!!
    Regards,