    just about every group around. i'd love to knock him out with just one
    message filter, applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.

    bob
    bob from oz, Dec 28, 2006

  2. bob from oz

    Doug G Guest

    bob from oz wrote:
    > is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to each
    > newsgroup from a news account? i am sick of a certain spammer who spams
    > just about every group around. i'd love to knock him out with just one
    > message filter, applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.
    >
    > bob

    In the Message Filters window you can create a filter on the news server
    by selecting the server on the "Filters for:" drop-down menu. That's
    what I did for the jerk who posts the MI5 messages.
    Doug G, Dec 29, 2006

  3. bob from oz

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:15:00 GMT, in message <TdYkh.186426$>,
    bob from oz wrote:

    > is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to each
    > newsgroup from a news account?

    Did you try "Message -> Create Filter from Message" ?

    > i am sick of a certain spammer who spams
    > just about every group around. i'd love to knock him out with just one
    > message filter, applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.

    If it is the MI5 fruitcake who you are thinking of, then
    I filter on: subject, begins with, MI5 Persecution:

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Dec 29, 2006
  4. bob from oz

    bob from oz Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > In the Message Filters window you can create a filter on the news server
    > by selecting the server on the "Filters for:" drop-down menu. That's
    > what I did for the jerk who posts the MI5 messages.

    thanks a lot. that's exactly what i need, and why i need it. stupid MI5.
    i wish they'd just get him and finish it.

    bob
    bob from oz, Dec 30, 2006
  5. bob from oz

    bob from oz Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    >> is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to each
    >> newsgroup from a news account?

    > Did you try "Message -> Create Filter from Message" ?

    yeah, i don't think i made my message too clear. that's exactly what i
    want, but i want it for ALL of my newsgroups in one fell swoop, which
    the above won't do.

    >> i am sick of a certain spammer who spams
    >> just about every group around. i'd love to knock him out with just one
    >> message filter, applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.

    > If it is the MI5 fruitcake who you are thinking of, then
    > I filter on: subject, begins with, MI5 Persecution:

    :) seems like this dick is the latest playa. see Doug G's reply for a
    workable answer. thanks.

    bob
    bob from oz, Dec 30, 2006
  6. bob from oz

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:17:02 GMT, in message <y_jlh.75359$>,
    bob from oz wrote:

    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    >>> is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to
    >>> each newsgroup from a news account?

    >> Did you try "Message -> Create Filter from Message" ?

    > yeah, i don't think i made my message too clear. that's exactly what i
    > want, but i want it for ALL of my newsgroups in one fell swoop, which
    > the above won't do.

    You are correct; I just checked. It sets up the filter to be
    for the one newsgroup, and unfortunately there is no easy way
    to edit the filter to make it apply to the entire news server
    account.

    >>> i am sick of a certain spammer who spams just about every group
    >>> around. i'd love to knock him out with just one message filter,
    >>> applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.

    >> If it is the MI5 fruitcake who you are thinking of, then
    >> I filter on: subject, begins with, MI5 Persecution:

    > :) seems like this dick is the latest playa. see Doug G's reply for a
    > workable answer. thanks.

    It is.

    Ralph Fox, Dec 31, 2006