    latest "release".

    Is it a wise idea to download (zip file; apparently no executable-installer
    available as of this moment) and install this most-recent "update/upgrade"?
    Vrodok the Troll, Dec 2, 2004

    Look closer at www.mozilla.org

    --
    Bryan
    Bryan Harrison, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Vrodok the Troll

    Neon Knight Guest

    Vrodok the Troll <> wrote in

    > According to Strouds CWS Apps (<http://cws.internet.com/>), Mozilla
    > has released a new version of Thunderbird. However, if one relies on
    > the Mozilla/Thunderbird 'Official' page, no mention at all is
    > made of this latest "release".

    The main Thunderbird page isn't updated yet but the announcement has
    been made in the official forums.

    Neon Knight, Dec 2, 2004
  4. On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:54:26 +0000 (UTC), in alt.fan.mozilla, Bryan Harrison
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <coms92$6pq$>, wrote:

    >Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >> According to Strouds CWS Apps (<http://cws.internet.com/>), Mozilla has
    >> released a new version of Thunderbird. However, if one relies on the
    >> Mozilla/Thunderbird 'Official' page, no mention at all is made of this
    >> latest "release".
    >>
    >> Is it a wise idea to download (zip file; apparently no executable-installer
    >> available as of this moment) and install this most-recent "update/upgrade"?

    >Look closer

    Amazing what may occur in so short a time; when I wrote the above, there was no
    mention on the site, but when I refreshed after sending, doc's had appeared.

    Vrodok the Troll, Dec 2, 2004
  5. On 2 Dec 2004 02:58:12 -0600, Vrodok the Troll wrote:

    > Is it a wise idea to download (zip file; apparently no executable-installer
    > available as of this moment) and install this most-recent "update/upgrade"?

    Pioneer = arrow in back of head.
    Chrissy Cruiser, Dec 2, 2004
  6. On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 04:56:16 -0600, in alt.fan.mozilla, Neon Knight
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <Xns95B3323B422BF19knightofneon20@216.196.97.136>, wrote:

    >Vrodok the Troll <> wrote in
    >
    >> According to Strouds CWS Apps (<http://cws.internet.com/>), Mozilla
    >> has released a new version of Thunderbird. However, if one relies on
    >> the Mozilla/Thunderbird 'Official' page, no mention at all is
    >> made of this latest "release".

    >The main Thunderbird page

    Mighty confuzling for those who aren't up on latest alpha's and/or betas.

    > isn't updated yet but the announcement has
    >been made in the official forums.
    >
    >http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=175076

    Thank you.
    Vrodok the Troll, Dec 2, 2004
  7. On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:03:42 -0500, in alt.fan.mozilla, Chrissy Cruiser
    <>, by way of Message-id
    <t1g3p3dz5x6i.vsjuvph35a5z$>, wrote:

    >On 2 Dec 2004 02:58:12 -0600, Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >
    >> Is it a wise idea to download (zip file; apparently no executable-installer
    >> available as of this moment) and install this most-recent "update/upgrade"?

    >Pioneer = arrow in back of head.

    So *very* true :-(
    Vrodok the Troll, Dec 2, 2004
  8. Vrodok the Troll

    Tom Allen Guest

    Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    > On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:03:42 -0500, in alt.fan.mozilla, Chrissy Cruiser
    > <>, by way of Message-id
    > <t1g3p3dz5x6i.vsjuvph35a5z$>, wrote:
    >

    >>On 2 Dec 2004 02:58:12 -0600, Vrodok the Troll wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is it a wise idea to download (zip file; apparently no executable-installer
    >>>available as of this moment) and install this most-recent "update/upgrade"?

    >>Pioneer = arrow in back of head.

    > So *very* true :-(

    Oh, I dunno... I installed it on top of 0.9 and it's been fine for hours
    now <g>. I did try to force it to take some of the older extensions and
    ended up reinstalling it, but I really did know better.

    Tom
    Tom Allen, Dec 5, 2004