    set to default but that didn't work. is it cause I haven't deleted Mozilla?

    also how do I import mail from Mozilla mail into Thunderbird? There is
    no option under import. I get Communicator, Outlook...... no Mozilla

    Richard, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Hello,

    Richard wrote in an email dated 12/Nov/04 13:36:
    > I downloaded and all seemed well until I went to write an email. Upon
    > sending it said it was configured wrong and when I click advanced I
    > can't change the smtp server. any suggestions? I tried switching it to
    > set to default but that didn't work. is it cause I haven't deleted Mozilla?

    Have you tried:

    Tools -> Account Settings -> Outgoing Server -> Advanced -> Add

    and then:

    Tools -> Account Settings -> account name -> Server Settings -> Advanced
    -> SMTP

    Best regards,

    Nicolas
    --
    Ad Noiseam
    www.adnoiseam.net

    Nicolas Chevreux, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Richard wrote:
    > I downloaded and all seemed well until I went to write an email. Upon
    > sending it said it was configured wrong and when I click advanced I
    > can't change the smtp server. any suggestions? I tried switching it to
    > set to default but that didn't work. is it cause I haven't deleted Mozilla?
    >
    > also how do I import mail from Mozilla mail into Thunderbird? There is
    > no option under import. I get Communicator, Outlook...... no Mozilla

    Check Nicholas post for advice on setting a secondary smtp server.

    No need to unistall Mozilla, they are completely separate applications
    in every way.

    Mail can be transferred by simply copying the files in your Mozilla
    profile and pasting them into your TB profile folder. Click
    Help>>Mozilla Thunderbird Help to find more information.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> I downloaded and all seemed well until I went to write an email. Upon
    >> sending it said it was configured wrong and when I click advanced I
    >> can't change the smtp server. any suggestions? I tried switching it to
    >> set to default but that didn't work. is it cause I haven't deleted
    >> Mozilla?
    >>
    >> also how do I import mail from Mozilla mail into Thunderbird? There is
    >> no option under import. I get Communicator, Outlook...... no Mozilla

    > Check Nicholas post for advice on setting a secondary smtp server.
    >
    > No need to unistall Mozilla, they are completely separate applications
    > in every way.
    >
    > Mail can be transferred by simply copying the files in your Mozilla
    > profile and pasting them into your TB profile folder. Click
    > Help>>Mozilla Thunderbird Help to find more information.
    >
    > Lee

    thanks Lee

    Richard, Nov 12, 2004