    enter the same server details.

    Any help appreciated.

    Change red to blue in email address when replying
    timbo, Dec 6, 2004

  2. timbo wrote:
    > Puzzle:
    > I have two aliases, i.e. two email addresses for the same email server
    > etc. How can I make this work properly in TB 0.9?
    > I can't set up a separate account as it won't let me enter the same
    > server details.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    Really? I have six accounts set up on one server, three on another, and
    two on yet another.

    Tools>>Account Settings>>Add Account.

    This opens the new account wizard. There should be no problem, as long
    as the username is different.

    For example, if you have two accounts with your ISP, say
    , and and , both with the pop server of
    pop.myisp.com, you would enter your name and the email address, then on
    the next screen in the wizard, the pop server. As long as the incoming
    username is different, there should be no problem with having the same
    pop server.

    If this is not working, where in the course of the wizard are you
    encountering trouble, and what kind of error messages are you getting?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 6, 2004

  3. timbo

    timbo Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > timbo wrote:
    >
    >> Puzzle:
    >> I have two aliases, i.e. two email addresses for the same email server
    >> etc. How can I make this work properly in TB 0.9?
    >> I can't set up a separate account as it won't let me enter the same
    >> server details.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.
    >>

    > Really? I have six accounts set up on one server, three on another, and
    > two on yet another.
    >
    > Tools>>Account Settings>>Add Account.
    >
    > This opens the new account wizard. There should be no problem, as long
    > as the username is different.
    >
    > For example, if you have two accounts with your ISP, say
    > , and and , both with the pop server of
    > pop.myisp.com, you would enter your name and the email address, then on
    > the next screen in the wizard, the pop server. As long as the incoming
    > username is different, there should be no problem with having the same
    > pop server.
    >
    > If this is not working, where in the course of the wizard are you
    > encountering trouble, and what kind of error messages are you getting?
    >
    > Lee

    The problem is that they are genuine aliases, so they
    have the SAME username on the mail server. But a
    different email address. It won't let me enter the
    same username on separate accounts.

    So I can get the incoming mail OK, but not use both
    email addresses on outgoing mail...

    Change red to blue in email address when replying
    timbo, Dec 7, 2004