ThumbsPlus: Add-In To Render .NEF Files?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark Roberts, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. Mark Roberts

    Mark Roberts Guest

    "(PeteCresswell)" <> wrote:

    >Been playing around with my new D70s.
    >
    >Looks like it saves RAW in some kind of proprietary format that neither my old
    >version of PhotoShop nor my latest-and-greatest (7.0) version of ThumbsPlus can
    >deal with.
    >
    >I'm guessing a later version of PhotoShop will do the job there.
    >
    >Is there any hope for ThumbsPlus?

    Do you have the latest DigiCam RAW plug-in for Thumbs Plus?
    http://www.cerious.com/digicam_notes.shtml
    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing

    (PeteCresswell), Aug 9, 2005

  3. Per Mark Roberts:
    >Do you have the latest DigiCam RAW plug-in for Thumbs Plus?
    >http://www.cerious.com/digicam_notes.shtml

    That did the trick.

    Thanks.

    Do you think there's any downside to just checking all doc types under
    Options|Preferences|File Types|Camera?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Aug 9, 2005
  4. Mark Roberts

    Mike G. Guest

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Mark Roberts:
    >
    >>Do you have the latest DigiCam RAW plug-in for Thumbs Plus?
    >>http://www.cerious.com/digicam_notes.shtml

    > That did the trick.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thumbs Plus 7.0 is a wonderful program, and I love it dearly. Mark gave
    you the tip that allows it to *read* the D70s .NEF files, but you
    alluded to your older version of Photoshop, so you really don't have a
    way to actually *process* the RAW files.

    I would like to suggest you check out the following *free* app. I don't
    know why it's free, but it's one of the true gems available on the web.
    It will allow you to unlock some of the real powers of shooting RAW,
    and you won't have to mortgage your (whatever) as you would for an
    upgrade to PS CS2.

    Rawshooter Essentials, by pixmantec
    http://www.pixmantec.com/index2.html

    Hope you enjoy it.