    future CD burning windows?

    Thanks!
    Jeff

    Jeff L, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Jeff L

    wisefool Guest

    Jeff L said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have noticed that whenever I look at pictures in any folder, Windows
    > XP will cache all the thumbnails in a file called "Thumbs.db" unless I
    > tell it not to in the Folder Options. However, I still (supposedly)
    > have many Thumbs.db files throughout all my picture folder structure,
    > and I would like to know how to get rid of them once and for all.
    >
    > I do a search for the filename, even including hidden files, and it
    > comes up with nothing. But when I copy all my picture folders to a CD
    > burning window (Roxio, for example), all the Thumbs.db files appear in
    > the CD burning window. Please note that this applies only to picture
    > folders that existed prior to my turning off the thumbnail caching
    > option. What shall I do to prevent the Thumbs files from appearing in
    > future CD burning windows?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Jeff

    1. Uncheck: Tools > Folder Options > View > Hide protected
    operating system files*
    2. Search your pictures folder(s) for thumbs.db files:
    3. Delete to recycle bin (or permanently if you could care less about
    them)
    4. Do CD writing
    5. Restore thumbs.db files from recycle bin (if you want)
    6. Recheck: Tools > Folder Options > View > Hide protected
    operating system files

    * Note the warnings from Windows about this option. They are safe
    to ignore really, as long as you don't wander about your system deleting
    files not to do with the task at hand whilst the option is unchecked.

    wisefool

    wisefool, Jan 19, 2004