    captured file to disk. Of course it would help if it would be a batch
    process, enlarging and saving each thumbnail it comes across.

    any help would be appreciated. thanks!

    bateman, May 7, 2007

  2. bateman <> wrote:

    > I download a lot of pics on websites, but a lot of the time, they are
    > thumbnails. I want the FULL image.

    Right-click on the pic in Internet Explorer, then select SAVE TARGET AS..
    instead of SAVE PICTURE AS..

    Charles Gillen, May 7, 2007

  3. bateman

    bateman Guest

    On May 6, 10:14 pm, Charles Gillen <gillen@hisdotcom> wrote:
    > bateman <> wrote:
    > > I download a lot of pics on websites, but a lot of the time, they are
    > > thumbnails. I want the FULL image.

    > Right-click on the pic in Internet Explorer, then select SAVE TARGET AS..
    > instead of SAVE PICTURE AS..

    When i tried to save it as "target as" instead of "picture as", it
    didn't do the trick. Plus, i am looking for software with batch
    capability, so i can mass download a lot of pics.

    These are not thumbnails, per se. They can be enlarged by clicking on
    them. I just wanted to clarify.

    bateman, May 7, 2007
  4. bateman

    Grumps Guest

    "bateman" <> wrote in message
    > On May 6, 10:14 pm, Charles Gillen <gillen@hisdotcom> wrote:
    >> bateman <> wrote:
    >> > I download a lot of pics on websites, but a lot of the time, they are
    >> > thumbnails. I want the FULL image.

    >> Right-click on the pic in Internet Explorer, then select SAVE TARGET AS..
    >> instead of SAVE PICTURE AS..

    > When i tried to save it as "target as" instead of "picture as", it
    > didn't do the trick. Plus, i am looking for software with batch
    > capability, so i can mass download a lot of pics.
    >
    > These are not thumbnails, per se. They can be enlarged by clicking on
    > them. I just wanted to clarify.

    I needed to do the same recently and ended up writing a program to do it. It
    was sorta fun to do too.
    If you want it, you can have it. But you'll need Borland's C++ Builder and
    someone better than me who knows about C++ to make it work for you.

    Grumps, May 7, 2007
  5. bateman

    Rudy Lacchin Guest

    "bateman" <> wrote in message
    > On May 6, 10:14 pm, Charles Gillen <gillen@hisdotcom> wrote:
    >> bateman <> wrote:
    >> > I download a lot of pics on websites, but a lot of the time, they are
    >> > thumbnails. I want the FULL image.

    >> Right-click on the pic in Internet Explorer, then select SAVE TARGET AS..
    >> instead of SAVE PICTURE AS..

    > When i tried to save it as "target as" instead of "picture as", it
    > didn't do the trick. Plus, i am looking for software with batch
    > capability, so i can mass download a lot of pics.
    >
    > These are not thumbnails, per se. They can be enlarged by clicking on
    > them. I just wanted to clarify.

    So is the little picture actually the full-size picture, but displayed
    small? (That would be unusual.) Or is it a tiny version of the full-size
    picture (i.e. a thumbnail) which points or links to the full-size picture?

    R.

    Rudy Lacchin, May 7, 2007
  6. Rudy Lacchin <> wrote:

    : So is the little picture actually the full-size picture, but displayed
    : small? (That would be unusual.) Or is it a tiny version of the full-size
    : picture (i.e. a thumbnail) which points or links to the full-size picture?

    Or one other possibility, is it a small part of the entire picture? Some
    sites attempt to keep people from downloading their images from the web by
    breaking it into lots of small squares which are displayed as a single
    image, but if you try to right click and save you end up with a postage
    stamp cut from the middle of the image. There is a work around but it is
    tedius and difficult (but once you get the hang of it, it gets easy but
    time consuming).

    I'm still in the process of piecing together about 4000 12meg images that
    I collected (only for personal use) about 1 1/2 years ago.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, May 7, 2007
  7. On 6 May 2007 22:40:18 -0700, in rec.photo.digital bateman

    http://www.httrack.com/
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 7, 2007
  8. bateman

    =\(8\) Guest

    "bateman" <> wrote in message
    >I download a lot of pics on websites, but a lot of the time, they are
    > thumbnails. I want the FULL image. Are there any software titles out
    > there that will download the full version of the photo? I imagine it
    > would be like a macro type of setup, where the software would click on
    > the thumnail, enlarging it to it's full size, and then saving the
    > captured file to disk. Of course it would help if it would be a batch
    > process, enlarging and saving each thumbnail it comes across.
    >
    > any help would be appreciated. thanks!

    And, why would you want to steal someone else's pictures?

    =(8)

    =\(8\), May 7, 2007
  9. bateman

    Guest

    On May 7, 9:25 am, "=\(8\)" <> wrote:
    > "bateman" <> wrote in message

    > >I download a lot of pics on websites, but a lot of the time, they are
    > > thumbnails. I want the FULL image. Are there any software titles out
    > > there that will download the full version of the photo? I imagine it
    > > would be like a macro type of setup, where the software would click on
    > > the thumnail, enlarging it to it's full size, and then saving the
    > > captured file to disk. Of course it would help if it would be a batch
    > > process, enlarging and saving each thumbnail it comes across.

    > > any help would be appreciated. thanks!

    > And, why would you want to steal someone else's pictures?
    >
    > =(8)

    they are NOT someone elses pictures. They are from user-submitted
    sites such as Flickr.

    , May 12, 2007
  10. bateman

    Guest

    On 11 May 2007 17:05:09 -0700, wrote:

    >On May 7, 9:25 am, "=\(8\)" <> wrote:
    >> "bateman" <> wrote in message

    >> >I download a lot of pics on websites, but a lot of the time, they are
    >> > thumbnails. I want the FULL image. Are there any software titles out
    >> > there that will download the full version of the photo? I imagine it
    >> > would be like a macro type of setup, where the software would click on
    >> > the thumnail, enlarging it to it's full size, and then saving the
    >> > captured file to disk. Of course it would help if it would be a batch
    >> > process, enlarging and saving each thumbnail it comes across.

    >> > any help would be appreciated. thanks!

    >> And, why would you want to steal someone else's pictures?
    >>
    >> =(8)

    >they are NOT someone elses pictures. They are from user-submitted
    >sites such as Flickr.

    People upload smaller, highly-compressed photos to keep others from stealing
    them. With enough JPG compression artifacts that makes even upsampling the image
    not worth anyone's time. It's the very best type of copyright protection on the
    net, in fact it's the only way to keep others from using the original photos
    without permission. Watermarks on originals are useless, they can all be
    removed. The original full-size image does not exist at Flickr, just the smaller
    version exists online. Contact the author if you want a larger version. But
    don't get your hopes up. Nobody (with a photo worth having) will give access to
    the full-resolution version to anyone but a reputable person who will agree to a
    limited-use contract and abide by it.

    , May 12, 2007