    available?

    Thanks.
    DM

    DM, Oct 7, 2005

  2. DM wrote:
    > I would like to print thumbnails of all the images I have copied to a
    > DVD or CD...as a quick reference of content.
    > Does anyone know how I can do this? Is there a free or cheap programme
    > available?

    I have found CompuPic to be the most efficient way to do it. You can
    specify the number of rows and columns of images, and make headers or
    footers for the pages, which are numbered automatically. Pix are
    identified the same way they are in your computer. Lovely little hi res
    thumbnails.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Oct 7, 2005

  3. "DM" <> wrote:
    >I would like to print thumbnails of all the images I have copied to a DVD
    >or CD...as a quick reference of content.
    > Does anyone know how I can do this? Is there a free or cheap programme
    > available?

    I do that with Qimage, but I've only done it manually, e.g. clicking on each
    image I wanted on the 'contact sheet'.

    Qimage is incredibly cheap for what you get, but expensive if you don't use
    enough of its capabilities...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Oct 7, 2005
  4. David J. Littleboy <> wrote:

    : I do that with Qimage, but I've only done it manually, e.g. clicking on
    : each image I wanted on the 'contact sheet'.

    you can select multiple images (or an entire folder) before selecting the
    image size and Qimage will place them automatically on as many pages as
    you need. And if you have "info" checked you will get the file name
    printed under each photo.

    As another possible solution, I believe that there is a "contact sheet"
    selection in at least some versions of PSE under the "file/batch" menu (I
    think that is where it is). So the OP may want to search the less often
    looked at sections of their own image editing software. They may already
    have what they want, but just undiscovered. :)

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Oct 7, 2005
  5. DM

    jb Guest

    DM wrote:
    > I would like to print thumbnails of all the images I have copied to a
    > DVD or CD...as a quick reference of content.
    > Does anyone know how I can do this? Is there a free or cheap programme
    > available?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > DM

    Try the thumbnail feature of Irfanview. Select all the thumbnails, then
    "Save selected thumbs as an image." Alternatively, create a contact sheet.

    jb, Oct 7, 2005
  6. DM

    Owamanga Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 03:20:12 GMT, DM <> wrote:

    >I would like to print thumbnails of all the images I have copied to a
    >DVD or CD...as a quick reference of content.
    >Does anyone know how I can do this? Is there a free or cheap programme
    >available?

    Damn, and I thought you were going to ask how to print photos onto
    your thumbnail.

    .... a far more interesting question.

    --
    Owamanga!
    http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

    Owamanga, Oct 7, 2005
  7. DM

    DM Guest

    Thanks all for your help - I found a way to do it using Picasa 2 ... but
    only for folders on hard drive...must be a way to get it to read CDs and
    DVDs...

    Cheers
    DM

    DM, Oct 8, 2005