    I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.

    Suggestions please?

    DiscoDuck, Nov 27, 2003

  2. DiscoDuck <> schreef op 26 Nov 2003 23:48:58 -0800:

    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
    >
    > Suggestions please?

    Irfanview makes thumbnails and does a lot more. You can find it at
    www.irfanview.com

    Arles Image Webpage Creator
    http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/examples/home/index.htm

    Helps you with creating webpage, thumbnails etc.

    Marco

    marco van den broek, Nov 27, 2003

  3. DiscoDuck

    Trev Guest

    "DiscoDuck" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
    >
    > Suggestions please?

    If you have XP get the Microsoft powertoys html slideshow wizard Even if
    you don't use the full html pages you still get all the resizes images
    and thumbs all for free

    Trev, Nov 27, 2003
  4. DiscoDuck

    Paige Miller Guest

    On Stardate 11/27/2003 2:48 AM, the following keys were mysteriously
    typed at DiscoDuck's keyboard...
    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
    >
    > Suggestions please?

    I agree with the recommendation to use Irfan. It's free, it creates
    thumbnails and html for you to use.

    --
    Paige Miller

    http://home.rochester.rr.com/djpaige/blogger.html

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

    Paige Miller, Nov 27, 2003
  5. DiscoDuck

    Steve Guest

    DiscoDuck wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
    >
    > Suggestions please?

    DiscoDuck:

    I would recommmed the freeware Easy Thumbnails
    http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php for making you thumbnails which I
    have been using for about a year. While I have been using the freeware
    IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com/ for about 3 years at both home and at
    work, I wound NOT recommend it for making thumbnails as it produces an
    inferior thumbnail when compared to Easy Thumbnails. I would highly
    recommend IrfanView as your general viewer for reviewing your images as I
    have found it much better than the similar products provided by both Canon
    and Nikon. Download both Easy Thumbnails and IrfanView and find out for
    yourself!

    Good luck,

    Steve

    Steve, Nov 27, 2003
  6. DiscoDuck

    Crownfield Guest

    DiscoDuck wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
    >
    > Suggestions please?

    image display system is a free perl script that runs on the server.
    the server administrator has to install the system.
    all you do is create folders on the server, and put the images into the
    folders.

    ids does all the rest.

    it manages the thumbnails,
    gives a choice of viewing resolutions,
    allows adding comments.

    Crownfield, Nov 27, 2003
  7. DiscoDuck

    DiscoDuck Guest

    "Trev" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "DiscoDuck" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    > > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
    > >
    > > Suggestions please?

    > If you have XP get the Microsoft powertoys html slideshow wizard Even if
    > you don't use the full html pages you still get all the resizes images
    > and thumbs all for free

    First off, YOU ALL ROCK!! Thanks for your suggestions.
    Second, di I have to purchase Microsoft powertoys html or is it free?

    DiscoDuck, Nov 27, 2003
  8. DiscoDuck

    CSM1 Guest

    > > "DiscoDuck" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    > > > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
    > > >
    > > > Suggestions please?

    > > If you have XP get the Microsoft powertoys html slideshow wizard Even if
    > > you don't use the full html pages you still get all the resizes images
    > > and thumbs all for free

    > First off, YOU ALL ROCK!! Thanks for your suggestions.
    > Second, di I have to purchase Microsoft powertoys html or is it free?

    It is free from Microsoft.

    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Nov 28, 2003
  9. DiscoDuck

    DiscoDuck Guest

    I've tried all of the suggestions, and so far (IMO)

    Arles Image Webpage Creator
    http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/examples/home/index.htm

    Is the winner. Very well done. But more suggestions are welcome.

    Thanks again, to you all.
    DD

    DiscoDuck, Nov 29, 2003
  10. DiscoDuck

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    DiscoDuck wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for something that can easily convert a couple of hundred
    > photos to thumbnail view, and help me put them online.
    >
    > Suggestions please?

    Ember.

    (http://www.firehand.com)

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 30, 2003
  11. DiscoDuck

    JoeWaytula Guest

    Thumbsplus from www.ceriuos.com is great for converting batches of pictures.

    JoeWaytula, Dec 6, 2003
  12. << Thumbsplus from www.ceriuos.com is great for converting batches of pictures.

    You might want to try www.cerious.com
    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad Weiler, Dec 6, 2003
  13. DiscoDuck

    Steven Guest

    If you already have Adobe Photoshop 7 you can do this quickly and easily.
    You goto File, then Automate, then create Web Photo Directory. Select the
    directory where the pictures are and Photoshop does the rest. It will make
    little thumbnail images and put them in a webpage and name it "index.htm".

    Steven

    Steven, Jan 15, 2004
  14. DiscoDuck

    Rari Guest