    Gene Palmiter
    freebridge design group
    www.route611.com & Route 611 Magazine
    Gene Palmiter, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Gene Palmiter

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:29:05 GMT, Gene Palmiter wrote:

    > I saw a place to buy a thumb drive that was an enclosure for a
    > microdrive...and I have one of them gathering dust. Unfortunately they
    > didn't sell them separately from the microdrive...does anyone know of a shop
    > that does sell them separately?

    Any card reader that takes CF type II will do...

    --
    John Bean

    Times fun when you're having flies (Kermit the Frog)
    John Bean, Nov 16, 2004

  3. "John Bean" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:29:05 GMT, Gene Palmiter wrote:
    >
    > > I saw a place to buy a thumb drive that was an enclosure for a
    > > microdrive...and I have one of them gathering dust. Unfortunately they
    > > didn't sell them separately from the microdrive...does anyone know of a

    shop
    > > that does sell them separately?

    > Any card reader that takes CF type II will do...

    Um...thanks...but a thumb drive is a thing you put on your key chain and
    take everywhere. Generally about the size of a thumb...though the ones that
    take a microdrive would have to be shaped like a thumb that got slammed in
    cars door.
    Gene Palmiter, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Gene Palmiter

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:53:28 GMT, Gene Palmiter wrote:

    > "John Bean" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:29:05 GMT, Gene Palmiter wrote:
    >>
    >>> I saw a place to buy a thumb drive that was an enclosure for a
    >>> microdrive...and I have one of them gathering dust. Unfortunately they
    >>> didn't sell them separately from the microdrive...does anyone know of a

    > shop
    >>> that does sell them separately?

    >> Any card reader that takes CF type II will do...
    >>

    > Um...thanks...but a thumb drive is a thing you put on your key chain and
    > take everywhere. Generally about the size of a thumb...though the ones that
    > take a microdrive would have to be shaped like a thumb that got slammed in
    > cars door.

    Exactly the point I was making. You can't make it any smaller than the disk
    itself, so it's hardly a "thumb" drive anyway ;-)

    You can get some pretty small CF readers if you avoid the 93-in-1 type of
    thing.

    --
    John Bean

    Never be a cynic, even a gentle one. Never help out a sneer, even at the
    devil (Vachel Lindsay)
    John Bean, Nov 16, 2004
  5. "John Bean" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:53:28 GMT, Gene Palmiter wrote:
    >
    > > "John Bean" <> wrote in message

    > > shop
    > >>
    > >> Any card reader that takes CF type II will do...
    > >>

    > > Um...thanks...but a thumb drive is a thing you put on your key chain and
    > > take everywhere. Generally about the size of a thumb...though the ones

    that
    > > take a microdrive would have to be shaped like a thumb that got slammed

    in
    > > cars door.

    > Exactly the point I was making. You can't make it any smaller than the

    disk
    > itself, so it's hardly a "thumb" drive anyway ;-)
    >
    > You can get some pretty small CF readers if you avoid the 93-in-1 type of
    > thing.

    Can you get one that doesn't have a wire attached?
    Gene Palmiter, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Gene Palmiter

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:13:37 GMT, Gene Palmiter wrote:

    > "John Bean" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:53:28 GMT, Gene Palmiter wrote:
    >>
    >>> "John Bean" <> wrote in message

    >>> shop

    >>> Um...thanks...but a thumb drive is a thing you put on your key chain and
    >>> take everywhere. Generally about the size of a thumb...though the ones

    > that
    >>> take a microdrive would have to be shaped like a thumb that got slammed

    > in
    >>> cars door.

    >> Exactly the point I was making. You can't make it any smaller than the

    > disk
    >> itself, so it's hardly a "thumb" drive anyway ;-)
    >>
    >> You can get some pretty small CF readers if you avoid the 93-in-1 type of
    >> thing.

    > Can you get one that doesn't have a wire attached?

    Yes. Here's an example (on Amazon.com), I don't know anything about it but
    it's the sort of thing I was thinking of:

    http://tinyurl.com/5ezej

    --
    John Bean

    I envy people who drink. At least they have something to blame everything on
    (Oscar Levant)
    John Bean, Nov 16, 2004
  7. I've used ZIO! for CF and SM cards for several years. Big improvement over
    all those messy wire connections.

    Robert

    Robert Nabors, Nov 19, 2004