    what folders etc.
    Thanks,

    , Aug 20, 2005

  2. dillinger Guest

    You may try the mozbackup utility: http://kb.mozillazine.org/MozBackup

    dillinger, Aug 21, 2005

  3. Ed Mullen Guest

    dillinger wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi ...
    >> I have TB at work and I want to put the exact folders, email accounts
    >> etc on my home pc ... how can I copy the info from work to home ...
    >> what folders etc.
    >> Thanks,

    > You may try the mozbackup utility: http://kb.mozillazine.org/MozBackup

    Or instead of installing an extension you should investigate these
    links. You'll need to know the info there in order to backup your
    profile data anyway.

    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#transferring
    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 21, 2005
  4. On 2005-08-20, <> wrote:

    > I have TB at work and I want to put the exact folders, email accounts
    > etc on my home pc ... how can I copy the info from work to home ...
    > what folders etc.

    If the mail server you use supports IMAP, it should all come through
    automatically.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Aug 21, 2005
  5. uerbe Guest

    W porze nader osobliwej, bo 2005-08-21 04:25 zjawi³(a) siê u mnie Ed
    Mullen, z miejsca zarzucaj±c mnie takimi oto pretensjami:

    >>You may try the mozbackup utility: http://kb.mozillazine.org/MozBackup

    > Or instead of installing an extension ...

    Actually, MozBackup is not an extension - it just archives the whole
    profile (with preferences and mail/newsgroup folders as well) into an
    ..pvc file that you can easily inspect using winrar.

    Regards,
    --
    **********************************************Robert uerbe Urbaniak*****
    w pi±tki: http://masakrytyczna.up.pl gg://4515266

    uerbe, Aug 21, 2005
  6. Ed Mullen Guest

    uerbe wrote:
    > W porze nader osobliwej, bo 2005-08-21 04:25 zjawi³(a) siê u mnie Ed
    > Mullen, z miejsca zarzucaj±c mnie takimi oto pretensjami:
    >
    >>> You may try the mozbackup utility: http://kb.mozillazine.org/MozBackup

    >> Or instead of installing an extension ...

    > Actually, MozBackup is not an extension - it just archives the whole
    > profile (with preferences and mail/newsgroup folders as well) into an
    > .pvc file that you can easily inspect using winrar.
    >
    > Regards,

    Good catch. it is a standalone utility, not an extension. However, my
    reasoning is still applicable: Instead of installing a program or
    extension, why not just copy the data? Every OS provides this
    capability. Also, users need to backup other data on their PCs so,
    presumably, they already have a utility program to handle that. ;-) It
    just seems silly to me to resort to a specialized backup program that
    ONLY backs up one type of data when the need is there for a program that
    does general backups of ANYTHING. But, of course, to each his own.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

    Ed Mullen, Aug 21, 2005