    --

    .... Brendan

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

    Note: All comments are copyright 23/01/2004 3:56:24 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my reccollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Brendan

    Steven H Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:59:11 +1300, Brendan wrote:

    > Some time ago there was interest in a utility that would allow you to
    > throttle/shape/control the bandwidth usage of individual apps on a windows
    > computer. Netpeeker was one app mentioned.
    >
    > I have recently found netlimiter http://www.netlimiter.com/ to be much
    > better. More control, and scheduled throttling. It also allows you to
    > throttle sub-processes, and has nice bar graphs and usage meters.

    what about throtelling individual computers from the network server

    Steven H - Dunedin, New Zealand
    ..net Geek
    Steven H, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:37:57 +1300, Steven H wrote:

    > what about throtelling individual computers from the network server

    Thinks so.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Many a young lady does not realize just how strong her love for a young man is until he fails to pass the approval test with her parents."

    Note: All comments are copyright 24/01/2004 2:32:27 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my reccollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Brendan

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:34:44 +1300, Brendan
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:37:57 +1300, Steven H wrote:
    >
    >> what about throtelling individual computers from the network server

    >Thinks so.

    For some reason it killed Pegasus Mail for me. Everything else seemed
    to work okay. So I uninstalled it and Pegasus was once again able to
    connect to the mail servers.
    Craig Shore, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:13:46 +1300, Craig Shore wrote:

    >>> what about throtelling individual computers from the network server

    >>Thinks so.

    > For some reason it killed Pegasus Mail for me. Everything else seemed
    > to work okay. So I uninstalled it and Pegasus was once again able to
    > connect to the mail servers.

    Strange.... No trouble here but not using pegasus...

    --

    .... Brendan

    DISOBEDIENCE, n. The silver lining to the cloud of servitude. -- Ambrose Bierce

    Note: All comments are copyright 26/01/2004 2:57:42 a.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my reccollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Jan 25, 2004