    Please visit my huge humor & parody webzine (updated
    every other Friday): http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com
    ** New edition August 20th **

    Carol Shubert, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Carol Shubert

    Joe McC Guest

    "Carol Shubert" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone confirm videoeta's listing of "Thriller: The
    > Complete First Season" dvd set to be released Sept
    > 28? No one else but videoeta lists it, apparently.
    > Thanks.

    I may be wrong, but isn't this actually the UK 70's series of 1 hour
    suspense stories?

    Joe McC, Aug 24, 2004

  3. "Joe McC" <> wrote in message
    :
    : "Carol Shubert" <> wrote ...
    : > Can anyone confirm videoeta's listing of "Thriller: The
    : > Complete First Season" dvd set to be released Sept
    : > 28? No one else but videoeta lists it, apparently.
    : > Thanks.
    :
    : I may be wrong, but isn't this actually the UK 70's series
    : of 1 hour suspense stories?

    Well ** ^@&#! ** if you're right. Nothing against the UK
    series (which I've never seen) but I was hoping someone
    finally had the good sense to release the Karloff show on
    dvd. Only six episodes of that show have been released,
    and on vhs (now oop). What's taking them so long, anyway?

    --
    "All cruelty springs from weakness."
    - Seneca

    Carol Shubert, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Carol Shubert

    jayembee Guest

    "Carol Shubert" <> wrote:

    > Well ** ^@&#! ** if you're right. Nothing against the UK
    > series (which I've never seen) but I was hoping someone
    > finally had the good sense to release the Karloff show on
    > dvd. Only six episodes of that show have been released,
    > and on vhs (now oop). What's taking them so long, anyway?

    The "someone" is Universal. They haven't announced anything yet, but
    they'll probably get around to it if NIGHT GALLERY sells well, as well
    as the forthcoming ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Aug 24, 2004
  5. "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    : "Carol Shubert" <> wrote:
    :
    : > Well ** ^@&#! ** if you're right. Nothing against the UK
    : > series (which I've never seen) but I was hoping someone
    : > finally had the good sense to release the Karloff show on
    : > dvd. Only six episodes of that show have been released,
    : > and on vhs (now oop). What's taking them so long, anyway?
    :
    : The "someone" is Universal. They haven't announced
    : anything yet, but they'll probably get around to it if NIGHT
    : GALLERY sells well, as well as the forthcoming ALFRED
    : HITCHCOCK PRESENTS.
    :
    : -- jayembee

    Alfred Hitchcock Presents on dvd? Well, I can console
    myself with that set, definitely!, while waiting for Boris.

    Night Gallery may not sell as well as Twilight Zone
    has sold, because it just wasn't as good a show,
    and it's been shown a lot lately on cable TV. But
    when someone like Stephen King has said that
    Karloff's Thriller was the scariest series on TV,
    that should be enough for Universal (in an ideal
    world, anyway).

    Carol Shubert, Aug 24, 2004
  6. Carol Shubert

    Lookingglass Guest

    > But when someone like Stephen King has said that
    > Karloff's Thriller was the scariest series on TV,
    > that should be enough for Universal (in an ideal
    > world, anyway).
    > --
    > "All cruelty springs from weakness."
    > - Seneca
    > Carol ~ Email: pleiades_fire at hotmaildotcom
    > Please visit my huge humor & parody webzine (updated
    > every other Friday): http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com
    > ** New edition August 20th **

    It was... I remember watching it first run as a youngster... IT WAS SCARY!!!
    I hope they release it.

    Dave www.Shemakhan.com

    Lookingglass, Aug 25, 2004
  7. Carol Shubert

    James Evans Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:30:41 -0500, "Carol Shubert"
    <> wrote:

    Stephen King has said that
    >Karloff's Thriller was the scariest series on TV

    The only shows that really come close are The X-Files
    and Friday the 13th the Series.
    Even so, I think King might just be right.

    James Evans, Aug 25, 2004
  8. Carol Shubert

    Film Buff Guest

    The scariest and BEST one in the series was "Pigeons From Hell" (#36 June,'61 by Robert E. Howard
    with Brandon De Wilde, Crahan Denton and David Walsh
    I wish they had released this one on the LaserDisc box set
    SYN Two young brothers attempt to spend the night in an abandoned southern plantation
    and encounter some birds that seem to have a strong dislike for intruders.

    Film Buff, Aug 25, 2004
    wrote:
    :
    : >On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:30:41 -0500, "Carol Shubert"
    : ><> wrote:
    : >
    : >
    : > Stephen King has said that
    : >>Karloff's Thriller was the scariest series on TV
    : >
    : >
    : >
    : >
    : > The only shows that really come close are The X-Files
    : >and Friday the 13th the Series.
    : > Even so, I think King might just be right.
    :

    "The Grim Reaper" and "The Hungry Glass" are scary too.
    Very. Those are two among several THRILLER episodes
    that left a lasting impression on me.

    Carol Shubert, Aug 25, 2004
  10. Carol Shubert

    James Evans Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:02:23 -0500, "Carol Shubert"
    <> wrote:

    >: >
    >: >
    >: > The only shows that really come close are The X-Files
    >: >and Friday the 13th the Series.
    >: > Even so, I think King might just be right.
    >:
    >
    >"The Grim Reaper" and "The Hungry Glass" are scary too.
    >Very. Those are two among several THRILLER episodes
    >that left a lasting impression on me.

    The Incredible Dr. Markesan did it for me.

    James Evans, Aug 26, 2004
  11. Carol Shubert

    Lookingglass Guest

    > "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    > : The scariest and BEST one in the series was "Pigeons From Hell" (#36
    > June,'61 by Robert E. Howard
    > : with Brandon De Wilde, Crahan Denton and David Walsh

    > "The Grim Reaper" and "The Hungry Glass" are scary too.
    > Very. Those are two among several THRILLER episodes
    > that left a lasting impression on me.

    I remember the Pigeons From Hell but not the other 2... at least by name...
    I also remember one about a women that would put on a wig and become very
    beautiful...SCARY!!!

    Dave www.Shemakhan.com

    Lookingglass, Aug 26, 2004