    1bit image. Since I do not know how to change a threshold level between
    black and white, the monochrome 1bit image results too light, some
    details are disappeared.

    Dima, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Re: threshold level between black and white when changing image typeto monochrome

    Dima wrote:
    > Hello
    > How to change a threshold level between black and white when changing
    > image type to monochrome using "threshold" "Halftone" "Custom" mode in
    > MS Photo
    > Editor or in any other image editor?
    > I want to convert a grayscale black and white drawing to a monochrome
    > 1bit image. Since I do not know how to change a threshold level between
    > black and white, the monochrome 1bit image results too light, some
    > details are disappeared.

    It would seem to me that you are trying to convert a grayscalt to a line
    drawing. I would try the find edges function then go about dropping the
    unwanted tones and place emphasis on the edges. There is really no such
    thing as a monochrome 1 bit image, other than that of a line drawing.

    Jack-of-the-Dust, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Dima

    Dima Guest

    MS Office PhotoEditor names a "line drawing" "monochrome 1 bit" in an
    image properties.

    Dima, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Dima

    Guest

    When I have tried this I find I usually have to play with the contrast
    and brightness controls a lot BEFORE I convert to the one-bit mode. I
    also sometimes have to use a filter that washes out variations
    spatially across the image.

    , Dec 30, 2004
  5. Dima

    Guest

    , Dec 30, 2004
  6. Dima

    paul Guest

    Dima wrote:

    > Hello
    > How to change a threshold level between black and white when changing
    > image type to monochrome using "threshold" "Halftone" "Custom" mode in
    > MS Photo
    > Editor or in any other image editor?
    > I want to convert a grayscale black and white drawing to a monochrome
    > 1bit image. Since I do not know how to change a threshold level between
    > black and white, the monochrome 1bit image results too light, some
    > details are disappeared.

    If you really want to do this it requires resampling to a huge output
    file size & will be a slow memory intensive operation. You should be
    asked what resolution to output, chose a higher number like 600dpi or
    more. It won't be readable on a computer monitor until you zoom in 100%.
    This is for making something that will xerox well or for making a
    silkscreen print. It will use either lines or dots to represent the shades.

    paul, Dec 30, 2004