Threatening Virus

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Jim Watt, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    Oh my they are issuing threats in the name of the FBI now - would
    sound more convincing if it were the RIAA or the Mafia.

    This one just arrived to make a change from Nigerian offers etc.

    <begin message text>

    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Downloading of Movies, MP3s and Software is illegal and punishable by
    law.

    We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP
    193.182.67.75 . The contents of your computer were confiscated as an
    evidence, and you will be indicated.
    In the next days you will receive the charge in writing.
    In the Reference code: #33910, are all files, that we found on your
    computer.

    The sender address of this mail was masked, to fend off mail bombs.

    - You get more detailed information by the Federal Bureau of
    Investigation -FBI-
    - Department for "Illegal Internet Downloads", Room 7350
    - 935 Pennsylvania Avenue
    - Washington, DC 20535, USA
    - (202) 324-3000

    <end message>

    From :
    IP : 80.181.156.58
    To : <my email address>
    Subject : Preliminary investigation were started

    Message attachment stripped.

    ---
    193.182.67.75 would seem to be someone in Sweden.

    I think the FBI take exception to people pretending to be
    them. Being indicated sounds painful.
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Jim Watt

    Mimic Guest

    "Jim Watt" <_way> wrote in message
    > Oh my they are issuing threats in the name of the FBI now - would
    > sound more convincing if it were the RIAA or the Mafia.
    >
    > This one just arrived to make a change from Nigerian offers etc.
    >
    > <begin message text>

    > Ladies and Gentlemen,
    > Downloading of Movies, MP3s and Software is illegal and punishable by
    > law.
    >
    > We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP
    > 193.182.67.75 . The contents of your computer were confiscated as an
    > evidence, and you will be indicated.
    > In the next days you will receive the charge in writing.
    > In the Reference code: #33910, are all files, that we found on your
    > computer.
    >
    > The sender address of this mail was masked, to fend off mail bombs.
    >

    > - You get more detailed information by the Federal Bureau of
    > Investigation -FBI-
    > - Department for "Illegal Internet Downloads", Room 7350
    > - 935 Pennsylvania Avenue
    > - Washington, DC 20535, USA
    > - (202) 324-3000
    >
    > <end message>
    >
    > From :
    > IP : 80.181.156.58
    > To : <my email address>
    > Subject : Preliminary investigation were started
    >
    > Message attachment stripped.
    >
    > ---
    > 193.182.67.75 would seem to be someone in Sweden.
    >
    > I think the FBI take exception to people pretending to be
    > them. Being indicated sounds painful.
    > --
    > Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Yeah impersonating a federal whatever, is some serious shit hehe, they are
    so
    gunna get an ass raping

    --
    Mimic

    and those that dont."
    Mimic, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:15:02 -0000, "Mimic"
    <> wrote:

    >> I think the FBI take exception to people pretending to be
    >> them. Being indicated sounds painful.
    >> --
    >> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    >Yeah impersonating a federal whatever, is some serious shit hehe, they are
    >so gunna get an ass raping

    Well if its really Italian they donna-giva-**** but if I had written
    the template I would have mentioned the RIAA and Kazza to
    scare people. And if anyone can scan my PC they are
    pretty good :) not even tr...er could manage that ...
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jan 24, 2004
  4. no, my computer station