    what usenet to post this to. I figured camera people may be familar
    with all the thread sizes and pitch?

    Garrick

    Garrick, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Garrick

    Charles Guest

    On 1 Aug 2006 22:11:04 -0700, "Garrick" <> wrote:

    >I'm not concerned with back focal length - I'm just looking for body
    >caps for C or CS-Mount cameras! All the body caps I find are for Canon
    >EOS, or Leica M, or ....
    >
    >Are any of these threads 1" x 32 TPI (the standard for C and CS-Mount
    >lenses)?
    >
    >Thanks, and any pointers or information will be useful. I didn't know
    >what usenet to post this to. I figured camera people may be familar
    >with all the thread sizes and pitch?
    >
    >Garrick

    I found this with Google:

    http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

    Charles, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Garrick

    Garrick Guest

    Charles wrote:
    > I found this with Google:
    >
    > http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

    Thanks Charles. I stumbled upon that link as well before posting here.
    Unfortunately, I'll need to keep re-buying these body caps so I would
    like to have a more permanent source than some weird email address
    (???) from 2 years ago. I'll try and contact that
    address regardless. It would be great if there is some company or
    lense type that has the same threading a C/CS Mount.

    Thanks,

    Garrick

    Garrick, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Garrick

    Guest

    Garrick wrote:
    > Charles wrote:
    > > I found this with Google:
    > >
    > > http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

    > Thanks Charles. I stumbled upon that link as well before posting here.
    > Unfortunately, I'll need to keep re-buying these body caps so I would
    > like to have a more permanent source than some weird email address
    > (???) from 2 years ago. I'll try and contact that
    > address regardless. It would be great if there is some company or
    > lense type that has the same threading a C/CS Mount.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Garrick

    Forgoive my laziness and poor memory, but isn't C-mount that small one
    used on video camera lenses? If it is, just go visit any microscope-y
    or lab supplies sort of shop, as that mount is particularly common in
    microscopy circles for attaching video cameras..

    , Aug 2, 2006
  5. On 2 Aug 2006 02:21:59 -0700, <> wrote:
    > Garrick wrote:
    >> Charles wrote:
    >> > I found this with Google:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.eio.com/public/ccd/0983.html

    >> Thanks Charles. I stumbled upon that link as well before posting here.
    >> Unfortunately, I'll need to keep re-buying these body caps so I would
    >> like to have a more permanent source than some weird email address
    >> (???) from 2 years ago. I'll try and contact that
    >> address regardless. It would be great if there is some company or
    >> lense type that has the same threading a C/CS Mount.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Garrick

    > Forgoive my laziness and poor memory, but isn't C-mount that small one
    > used on video camera lenses? If it is, just go visit any microscope-y
    > or lab supplies sort of shop, as that mount is particularly common in
    > microscopy circles for attaching video cameras..

    If it really is the same mount as the C-mount found on microscopes,
    Edmund Optics sells all sorts of stuff along those lines; I'd guess that
    screw-on caps would be in their inventory.
    http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/browse.cfm

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Aug 2, 2006
  6. Garrick

    Guest

    Garrick wrote:
    > I'm not concerned with back focal length - I'm just looking for body
    > caps for C or CS-Mount cameras! All the body caps I find are for Canon
    > EOS, or Leica M, or ....
    >
    > Are any of these threads 1" x 32 TPI (the standard for C and CS-Mount
    > lenses)?
    >
    > Thanks, and any pointers or information will be useful. I didn't know
    > what usenet to post this to. I figured camera people may be familar
    > with all the thread sizes and pitch?
    >
    > Garrick

    Yes, C-mount and CS mount both use the same threads. The only
    difference is in the back focal distance. A cap for either should work
    on either type of lens.

    , Aug 2, 2006