Thoughts on These Please

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Dragon, Dec 25, 2004.

  1. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Dragon, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Dragon

    JMKAUFFMAN Guest

    JMKAUFFMAN, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
    >
    > Would like to get but nor sure
    >
    > dave

    The R2 version of fits a complete series on 2x3-disc sets, so that's 24
    discs for 4 series. Why should the Singapore version take up "a whopping 42
    DVDs" for the same thing? Doesn't sound right, unless of course they're
    produced by a factory that can't cope with dual-layer discs, which doesn't
    sound right to me.

    I was in Singapore about three weeks ago, and looked around DVD stores -
    didn't buy many, because the prices weren't that much lower than UK. But I
    noticed that most dvds of UK and US movies and TV shows were in very similar
    packaging to the discs we buy from HMV or DVDSoon, etc - they weren't in
    plastic sleeves in boxes, like the Ebay ones. Only the Chinese & Indian
    movies and TV shows were packaged like that.

    65 pounds is a good price for _genuine_ goods, (it's about half what you
    could get them for from a UK supplier) but it's extortionate if they're
    knock-offs..... I'd be inclined _not_ to take the chance, but to keep an eye
    out for sales instead, and buy them over a few months...

    paul

    P Pron, Dec 25, 2004
  4. "Dragon" <> wrote in message

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6351034889&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayph
    otohosting

    > Would like to get but nor sure
    >
    > dave

    I had the asian edition of CSI Miami, from my point of view the discs
    were copies of the Region one version converted and shrunk to R0.

    The discs are single layer and the quality is acceptable.

    The only downside is the slight stutter and the discs are in sleeves
    so they can get damaged.

    BTW, I sold that boxset, made a profit at the same time.

    Choice is yours.

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    **The Joy Circuit**, Dec 25, 2004