    hands?
    No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    Anyone?
    SlowwHand, Dec 16, 2003

  2. SlowwHand

    Brian H¹© Guest

    SlowwHand said:

    > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
    > can't mess up if I try.
    > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of my
    > hands?
    > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    > Anyone?

    The one I use, which is pretty idiot-proof is RegSeeker.
    Links on my software page.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    Brian H¹©, Dec 16, 2003

  3. SlowwHand

    °Mike° Guest

    There is *no such thing*.

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:49:50 -0600, in
    <>
    SlowwHand scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 16, 2003
  4. SlowwHand

    Fred Guest

    "SlowwHand" <Don'> wrote in message
    > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free,

    that I
    > can't mess up if I try.
    > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out

    of my
    > hands?
    > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    > Anyone?

    What about Easy Cleaner 2.0 ?
    Can anyone shed some light on this one, please?
    Fred
    Fred, Dec 16, 2003
  5. SlowwHand

    SlowwHand Guest

    > SlowwHand said:
    >
    > > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    > > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    > > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that

    > > can't mess up if I try.
    > > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out

    of my
    > > hands?
    > > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    > > Anyone?

    > The one I use, which is pretty idiot-proof is RegSeeker.
    > Links on my software page.
    >
    > --
    > www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    > freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    >
    > So if I run this, and it flags something, I can just delete what's

    flagged?
    That's what you're telling me, isn't it?
    Because if that's what you're saying, I'll do it. Let me tell you though, if
    the registry gets all jacked up, again, I may get hostile. ;)
    SlowwHand, Dec 16, 2003
  6. SlowwHand

    Rob K Guest

    "SlowwHand" wrote in <> :
    <snip>
    > I don't ask for much, do I?

    No, you don't ask for much.

    Just for a program that lets you perform surgery in a completly
    thought-free way.

    You'll just have to accept that certain things in life require skill
    and experience. And a bit of knowledge, maybe.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Dec 16, 2003
  7. SlowwHand

    Jammer Guest

    RegCleaner

    In news:,
    SlowwHand <Don'> typed: With a :)
    Jammer, Dec 16, 2003
  8. SlowwHand

    Jammer Guest

    http://www.jv16.org/
    In news:L5LDb.6408$,
    Jammer <> typed: With a :)

    Jammer, Dec 16, 2003
  9. SlowwHand

    Brian H¹© Guest

    SlowwHand said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> SlowwHand said:
    >>
    >>> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    >>> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    >>> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
    >>> can't mess up if I try.
    >>> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of my
    >>> hands?
    >>> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    >>> Anyone?

    >> The one I use, which is pretty idiot-proof is RegSeeker.
    >> Links on my software page.
    >>
    >> --
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    >> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    >>
    >> So if I run this, and it flags something, I can just delete what's

    > flagged?
    > That's what you're telling me, isn't it?
    > Because if that's what you're saying, I'll do it. Let me tell you though, if
    > the registry gets all jacked up, again, I may get hostile. ;)

    No, I'm telling you that it's pretty idiot-proof, not totally idiot-proof.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 16, 2003
  10. SlowwHand

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Jammer said:

    > RegCleaner

    It leaves to much guesswork for my liking.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 16, 2003
  11. SlowwHand

    Ionizer Guest

    > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
    > can't mess up if I try.
    > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of

    my
    > hands?
    > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    > Anyone?

    I asked Fred Langa of langa.com essentially the same question earlier this
    year. Could I really trust Norton Systemworks or Fix-It Utilities or System
    Mechanic to make good, safe and harmless decisions when it came to cleaning
    the registry? Were any of them foolproof and if not, which such utility
    was? He replied that none of them could be "completely" relied upon to not
    accidentally cause damage. It was therefore essential to back up your
    registry AND, if available, engage the utility's "un-do" capabilities before
    making any changes.

    That's what I do now. The utilities I refer to above are not freeware,
    which is what I think you might have been hoping for, but the principle
    should hold true for all registry cleaners: do a registry backup first, make
    sure the "un-do" is activated, and hope for the best. And then make no
    system changes for a couple of days, just to see if anything has been
    screwed up by your "maintenance." For the record, Norton's "WinDoctor"
    (part of SystemWorks) seems to do a more superficial and therefore perhaps
    safer registry scan. At any rate, in my four years' experience with it, it
    has NEVER caused me a problem, despite being run at least once every two
    weeks or so.

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Dec 16, 2003
  12. SlowwHand

    SlowwHand Guest

    "Rob K" <> wrote in message
    > "SlowwHand" wrote in <> :
    > <snip>
    > > I don't ask for much, do I?

    > No, you don't ask for much.
    >
    > Just for a program that lets you perform surgery in a completly
    > thought-free way.
    >
    > You'll just have to accept that certain things in life require skill
    > and experience. And a bit of knowledge, maybe.
    >
    > --
    > My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Ok, Einstein. What does your learned self use?

    SlowwHand, Dec 16, 2003
  13. SlowwHand

    SlowwHand Guest

    "Fred" <"Fred"@invalid.btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > "SlowwHand" <Don'> wrote in message
    > > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    > > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    > > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free,

    > that I
    > > can't mess up if I try.
    > > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out

    > of my
    > > hands?
    > > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    > > Anyone?
    > >

    > What about Easy Cleaner 2.0 ?
    > Can anyone shed some light on this one, please?
    > Fred
    >
    > RegClean, referred before this post, is less bulky, for whatever that's

    worth.
    I'm waiting for a minimum of 2 people to say, "Oh yeah, Sloww. This is a
    piece-of-cake, and does all you or I need".
    SlowwHand, Dec 16, 2003
  14. SlowwHand

    Brian H¹© Guest

    SlowwHand said:

    > "Fred" <"Fred"@invalid.btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "SlowwHand" <Don'> wrote in message
    >>> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    >>> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    >>> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
    >>> can't mess up if I try.
    >>> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of my
    >>> hands?
    >>> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    >>> Anyone?
    >>>

    >> What about Easy Cleaner 2.0 ?
    >> Can anyone shed some light on this one, please?
    >> Fred
    >>
    >> RegClean, referred before this post, is less bulky, for whatever that's

    > worth.
    > I'm waiting for a minimum of 2 people to say, "Oh yeah, Sloww. This is a
    > piece-of-cake, and does all you or I need".

    Why don't you just download RegSeeker, run it, and see just how easy it is?
    Brian H¹©, Dec 16, 2003
  15. SlowwHand

    Rob K Guest

    "SlowwHand" wrote in <> :
    <snip>

    > Ok, Einstein. What does your learned self use?

    TINMLS ...
    And to answer your question, Regedit.
    Sometimes a tool, such as jv16 PT.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Dec 16, 2003
  16. SlowwHand

    Patrick Guest

    Fred" <"Fred wrote:
    > "SlowwHand" <Don'> wrote in message
    >> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    >> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    >> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free,
    >> that I can't mess up if I try.
    >> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making
    >> out of my hands?
    >> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    >> Anyone?
    >>

    > What about Easy Cleaner 2.0 ?
    > Can anyone shed some light on this one, please?
    > Fred

    I went through EasyCleaner the other day, wacked nearly everthing (not
    Duplicates) with no problems.
    All the functions iether delete to the Recycle-bin, or have an undo
    function.
    Patrick, Dec 16, 2003
  17. "SlowwHand" <Don'> wrote in message
    > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
    > can't mess up if I try.
    > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of

    my
    > hands?
    > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    > Anyone?

    I like RegVac.
    It's not idiot- proof, but is easy to use in the *novice* mode, and
    automatically makes a back up of existing registry should you need to
    restore it. The first time I used it, it removed over 400 bad entries.
    http://www.superwin.com/regvac.htm
    WorkingClassHero, Dec 17, 2003
  18. SlowwHand

    me Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:49:50 -0600, "SlowwHand"
    <Don'> wrote:

    >SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    >program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    >Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
    >can't mess up if I try.
    >One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of my
    >hands?
    >No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    >Anyone?

    Registry Clean Expert http://www.registry-clean.net/
    and/or Norton Utilities "WinDoctor"
    Both are pretty good and both have an "undo" in the rare case that it
    removed something that was still needed.
    me, Dec 17, 2003
  19. SlowwHand

    Scrote Guest

    > "SlowwHand" <Don'> wrote in message
    > > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
    > > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    > > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free,

    > that I
    > > can't mess up if I try.
    > > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making

    out
    > of my
    > > hands?
    > > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    > > Anyone?
    > >

    > What about Easy Cleaner 2.0 ?
    > Can anyone shed some light on this one, please?
    > Fred

    Easycleaner 2 works fine for me. I run it on 2K & XP pro & it has
    removed hundred with no problems. It has a configurable undo facility as
    well.
    Scrote, Dec 17, 2003
  20. SlowwHand

    Boomer Guest

    "Scrote" <"""tonybroomathotmail.com.nospamatfukinall> wrote in

    > "Fred" <"Fred"@invalid.btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "SlowwHand" <Don'> wrote in message
    >> > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry
    >> > cleaning program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
    >> > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is
    >> > thought-free,

    >> that I
    >> > can't mess up if I try.
    >> > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any
    >> > decision-making

    > out
    >> of my
    >> > hands?
    >> > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
    >> > Anyone?
    >> >

    >> What about Easy Cleaner 2.0 ?
    >> Can anyone shed some light on this one, please?
    >> Fred

    > Easycleaner 2 works fine for me. I run it on 2K & XP pro & it has
    > removed hundred with no problems. It has a configurable undo
    > facility as well.

    Agreed.
    Boomer, Dec 17, 2003