Those of use who are cool to Symantec products...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by M. Murcek, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    M. Murcek, Jan 13, 2006

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 13, 2006

  3. Colin Barnhorst, Jan 13, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=, Jan 13, 2006
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 14, 2006
  6. Symatec Root Canal Corporate Edition - and it cannot be updated through a
    parent server. :)
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2006
  7. M. Murcek

    Peter Lawton Guest

    Can anyone recommend a decent corporate AV product that does work properly
    on x64 and centrally update?

    Our Symantec maintenance agreement is up for renewal soon and as we're
    moving over to mostly x64 this year I'd rather not renew Symantec in the
    hope they may get it to work sometime.

    I gave up waiting for Symantec to support ISA 2004 (they still don't!) and
    got BitDefender, so I'm not too optimistic about Symantec properly
    supporting x64 or the next version of Exchange this decade.

    I've noticed the rot has already set in at Veritas too, since Symantec
    bought them. No SQL2005 support on x64 (please log an 'enhancement
    request'!) and support people who not only don't know anything about the
    product but can't even be bothered to read your original query before they
    give a totally irrelevant answer.

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Jan 14, 2006
  8. The other corporate AV that has been mentioned a lot here in 64-Bit ng is
    eTrust 7.1 by Computer Associates, there is also an Enterprise edition of
    McAfee, you could check that for more info, but the eTrust is probably best
    one worth checking out.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2006
  9. eTrust AV7.1 is in the Small and Medium Business section on Computer
    Associates. I have not investigated their products for larger enterprises.
    I only use the client and have not tried the full networked suite, but the
    client is completely unobtrusive just as you would expect from an enterprise
    solution.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 14, 2006