thomson dth 8005 Timer problem

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Rainer Willis, Aug 14, 2007.

  1. Hi

    maybe someone can help me who is familiar with this machine. I bought it
    three years ago. The so-called Thomson helpline is not available.

    Since a couple of days I'm not able to take down anything from TV,
    neither using Naviclick nor manually.

    When I try, it says (in red letters) "Timer problem detected".
    (Of course I'm not trying to record two programs at the same time).

    I hadn't changed anything technically or by menue (setup and
    installation) and then tried out the following:

    - Inserted different (deleted or new) DVDs

    - Unplugged all connections (power, TV and head phones) and reconnected them

    - in Timer menue: switched from VPS to POC, tried, then switched back

    - in Setup, System Options: changed AV Link (what ever that might be),
    tried, and switched back

    - renewed the code from the manual with the remote control. It works
    with both given code numbers, but doesn't record.

    Is there anything else I can do? I won't have it repaired, rather I'll
    buy a new one.

    If this is the wrong newsgroup, please f'up me to the right one.

    Thanks for reading!

    Rainer

    Rainer Willis, Aug 14, 2007