this Visa ok ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by name is, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. name is

    name is Guest

    Like I said already have a Linux (mint) & g3 iMac (Panther) box and all
    is well but have no Windows (have 95 but does that count ?) - anyway
    need / want a Vista box (yea it may be the 21 century ver of ME) but how
    does the below look (its a pre built HP, $745.00 US, impressed?)

    Operating System Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium

    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) D 820 (2.8GHz, 2MB, 800MHz FSB)

    Memory 2GB DDR2-533MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024)

    Hard Drive 250GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

    Primary CD/DVD Drive LightScribe 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive

    Front Productivity Ports 2 USB, 1 FireWire IEEE 1394, audio ports

    Graphics Card Integrated Intel(R) 950

    Sound Card Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports

    Keyboard and Mouse HP Keyboard, HP Scroller Mouse

    Productivity Software Microsoft(R) Works 8.0

    Cables & Power HP Surge Protector, 6 Outlet

    Monitors HP 17-inch LCD Flat Panel Monitor
    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    name is, Mar 2, 2007

  2. name is

    j1mb0jay Guest

    name is wrote:
    > Like I said already have a Linux (mint) & g3 iMac (Panther) box and
    > all is well but have no Windows (have 95 but does that count ?) -
    > anyway need / want a Vista box (yea it may be the 21 century ver of
    > ME) but how does the below look (its a pre built HP, $745.00 US,
    > impressed?)
    > Operating System Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium
    >
    > Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) D 820 (2.8GHz, 2MB, 800MHz FSB)
    >
    > Memory 2GB DDR2-533MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024)
    >
    > Hard Drive 250GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
    >
    > Primary CD/DVD Drive LightScribe 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
    >
    > Front Productivity Ports 2 USB, 1 FireWire IEEE 1394, audio ports
    >
    > Graphics Card Integrated Intel(R) 950
    >
    > Sound Card Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports
    >
    > Keyboard and Mouse HP Keyboard, HP Scroller Mouse
    >
    > Productivity Software Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
    >
    > Cables & Power HP Surge Protector, 6 Outlet
    >
    > Monitors HP 17-inch LCD Flat Panel Monitor

    Sadly Vista home is a waste of money, and the graphics card in internal and
    will use the RAM when playing high end games, if it will even play high end
    games.
    --
    Regards JJ (UWA)

    j1mb0jay, Mar 2, 2007

  3. name is

    nsag Guest

    For Vista to run properly, in order to see the useless eye candy of the aero
    interface, you need an add-in Video card that is direct x compatible and has
    128 mb of ram on the video card. Video cards of this caliber are now less
    than $100. The box you are considering is actually very high priced for what
    is in it. Most of these models have an open slot for a PCIe video card but
    the power supplies in most of these HP/Compaq et al boxes are barely
    adequate for what is in them and may have problems when you add in
    components.

    nsag, Mar 2, 2007
  4. name is

    name is Guest

    nsag wrote:
    > For Vista to run properly, in order to see the useless eye candy of the
    > aero interface, you need an add-in Video card that is direct x
    > compatible and has 128 mb of ram on the video card. Video cards of this
    > caliber are now less than $100. The box you are considering is actually
    > very high priced for what is in it.

    - snip -

    I'm no fan of pre-built HPs but $ 745.00 for a 2 GB RAM Pentium D with
    17 inch LCD isn't what i'de call high priced but thanks for the
    feedback, really !

    name is, Mar 4, 2007